This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All happened today, had to get it off my chest

What a day. Today I had customers ask for the following (remember, I work at McDonald's):

Whopper
    Whopper Jr. (though the dumbass kid who asked for it pronounced it "Wrapper Jr. Fuckwit.).
    French bread sticks
    "Snackers" (You're probably thinking "WTF??". He meant the snack wraps, but still, what an idiot)

I had this appallingly stupid, verbally constipated child ask me for things in the monosyllabic way he could manage. Examples:

Double cheeseburger! Fries! Drink! (Size, please!?!!?)

He then pointed to someone with the apple pie a la mode sundae. I asked if he wanted that exact sundae or just the simple $1 sundae. He said
    "I want brown stuff!" (this kid and his ilk will be running this country when we're old. Try sleeping tonight thinking of that). He then pointed at something and said,
    "I want that!"
    I said,
    "Want what?"
    "That!!"
    "What??"
    His grandma found out he wanted whipped cream. What red-blooded American kid (which is what he was) can't fucking identify hot fudge and whipped cream???
    So I gave him a simple hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and he got all pissy because he wanted the apple pie a la mode with hot fudge (well, it's not my fault this kid can't fucking verbalize!!!!!!). He actually said,
    "I wanted pie!" What a little shitbag.

And every other customer ordered a snack wrap... and would sit there in silence. They didn't fucking specify the flavor (we have 3) or texture of chicken. I had hold back a sigh and ask them the obligatory questions, and they were always, always surprised that there were kinds of snack wraps. Similarly, I had customers ask for "a shake"... without specifying flavor or size. It gets exhausting, asking and asking all the time.

I hate my job, I hate customers. There, that ought to do it for today... until tomorrow. Gotta be in at 6 in the morning. Sigh.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Get a good night's sleep. If you hate your job, find another one without so much cocktardery going on. What a fucking bratty kid. If I had a kid, the first time he said, "but I wanted..." SMACK! That's what he would get, not pie, a smack on the mouth. That would teach him how to talk to adults.

Too bad I would probably have child services called on me. This is why I don't want kids, I don't want them to be afraid of me, but I don't want them to think that I will let their antics slide. They would be punished.
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I had a customer tonight ask for a chilled drink. Anybody else asks for Pepsi, Tango, 7Up etc.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

It's disturbing how manners are becoming almost extinct these days. But what gets me is how the grandmother can just stand there while her grandson is acting that way. I'm not saying it had anything to do with her but she could have at least stepped in at some point. It would have made the transaction run a little more smoothly.

Comment

What bugs me is that, and forgive me for sounding like a young old cranky woman, kids just don't know how to order. Either they're loud, obnoxious, and bratty, or they're too shy. And not the cute kind of "aw shucks" shy; the jittery, scared rabbit shy. Sheesh, I am not an intimidating person (my own mother would tell you I'm a wimp), but I look at kids and they retreat behind Mommy's skirt!

By the way, in case you all are wondering, the kid I told you about had to have been 9 or 10 years old, and he certainly didn't seem mentally challenged. If I knew for a fact he was, I'd happily give him a pass, but personally I think he was just undisciplined. As God is my witness, he did not specify that he wanted the pie sundae. Disgruntled Employee's Honor.

Get a good night's sleep. If you hate your job, find another one without so much cocktardery going on. What a fucking bratty kid.
          Thanks, Gabrielle Proctor, I will. Normally I'd agree with your idea of finding another job, but I am currently trapped in a miserable shithole town in Virginia that is notorious for having no job opportunities. None. Zero. Zip. So until I move back to my beloved Atlanta (it's a long boring story that I don't want to talk about), I'm pretty much stuck. Still, it couldn't hurt to try.

Comment

Permanently damaged

When we were living together before we got married (IRS problems, dont ask ), my wife asked me once if I wanted to have kids, and was rather taken aback by my rather vehement HELL NO! The reason?

Before I got this lovely job with MS, I ran a Subway Sandwich shop for 8 years. Little bitty place, on a major thoroughfare leading off of a highway, so we got lots of 'just picked the kids up from school, grabbing a quick dinner, heading home' parents.

They'd only be in the store for maybe 15 minutes, but just in that short time, I wanted to KILL THEIR KIDS! Oh my bleeding god, they'd scream and yell and play with the soda machine getting soda everywhere, climb over the tables meaning we'd have to clean them again, run up and down the store, until someone behind the line would calmly ask a parent if they would please stop their child from making a mess for the other customers. Parents would put babies still in diapers on the counter we set customer's food on and wonder why we insisted they dont do that!

ARGH!!!

By the time my stint as Store Manager was up and I got my foot in the door here, I couldnt get out of there fast enough. Never, ever, ever will have the patience to have kids of my own. Just wont ever happen. And fortunately? My wife is wonderfully happy with that. As she said 'Means there's more money to buy her sparkly presents.'

Comment

Never, ever, ever will have the patience to have kids of my own. Just wont ever happen. And fortunately? My wife is wonderfully happy with that. As she said 'Means there's more money to buy her sparkly presents.'
              Same with me and the fiancee! I know I'd make a crappy mother, and my fiancee is a real curmudgeon when it comes to kids. We might get a dog 20 or 30 years down the line...

Comment

I want kids but i know better.
                Hell no you wont go running around! Sit down!! here read a this book (i plan on being like my mother and father and teaching them to read by age 4)/color in this coloring book/play teddy!Sit next to mommy! stay were i can see you!!! Calm down right now or no (insert treat most likely a soda or toy)!!!! Don't make me take you to Grandpas!! (my dad is scary) Fine no (insert TV show) for (insert time)!!
                My kids are going to know better!!

Comment

I have a beef with children ordering their own meals in general. Oh look, Junior's ordering! Isn't he cute? Well yeah, he would be if he could actually ORDER properly. My parents, they'd make sure they knew what I wanted before we even got near an employee, and then they'd make the order while I sat ever so quietly in the back, knowing I'd wouldn't get my free toy if I interrupted the conversation.

On the flip side, I was once standing in line behind a six year old, and in the sweetest little voice he asked for a number four meal with a coke, please. Did he want that for here or to go? For here, please. Here's your change. Thank you ma'am.

Now THAT's cute.

Comment

We had 'practice meals' at home in which we had to have restaurant manners. We also had practice ordering.

It worked, I think. It certainly taught us that some of our at-home behaviours weren't tolerated in public. Public meant 'best behaviour' and no whining about veggies we didn't like!
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
                      He said "I want brown stuff!".

NOT gonna go there! Nope, not gonna do it!

Mike
                      Meow.........

Comment

He said "I want brown stuff!".

NOT gonna go there! Nope, not gonna do it!
                        Heh, that's what my awesome aunt said. That kid's stupidity was really awe-inspiring.

Comment

Its kind of like when I'm cashing a check and ask them how they want it back and they reply:
                          "cash."

And half of them aren't being smartasses. I HATE that answer and will give them whatever is easier for me at that point.

But the parents of that kid should've stepped in and not let the little brat do that to you.

Comment

In my days at Little Caesars, I would sometimes get people that would look at our menu and kind of "put things together" and order some very strange things like "Tuna Turkey sub" or "VeggieItalianHamAndCheese" sub or a salad called "The Greek-Caesar" or the "Tossed-Antipasto" salad.

Kids are nothing short of miserable in the food industry. Just the worst. On the phone, it should be illegal for them to EVER order food. Parents who allow such a thing should be flogged in town square.

Comment

I live in ... 'hick city'.
                              we have 2 groups of people, senceable and just the opposite.

The ladder group seems to take all day just to order a hamberger. If I am behind them and can hear them making trouble.. I usually just leave.

Trying to reason with the "willfully ignorant" population takes forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X