This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All your cigarettes are belong to ME!

This old guy came into my convenience store today.

SC = Him.
    Me = Moi.

SC: 'Ten packets of 20 Sky White, please.'

[Sky White are cigarettes. Why someone wants ten packets at once, I don't know.]

Me:
    'I've only got four packets left I'm afraid.'

SC: 'WHAT? Again? Every time I'm in here you don't have them.'

Me: 'Um...'

SC: 'Go and see if you have any in your stock room.'

[Worst mistake ever - giving me orders. Give me orders and I will be the least helpful assistant ever. Plus, there was a queue growing behind him, and I knew for a fact we didn't have any more of this cigarette upstairs. We only have one or two packs in per order.]

Me: 'I can tell you now I don't have any upstairs.'

SC: *lets out one loooong, theatrical sigh* Every time I come in here you don't have ten packets. And your delivery never comes in.

Me: 'Our delivery DOES come in, on a Tuesday and Friday.'

SC:
    'Then why can I never get them? [He had four packets alone in his hands - isn't this enough for now?]

Me: 'Maybe it's because, you know, other people buy them?'

Then he had a little tantrum and continued to rant about how he would never come into the store again.

Me: 'Look, other people buy cigarettes and are entitled to buy them. We sell cigarettes. Therefore if you're that desperate for ten whole packets, I advise you to come in on a Tuesday and Friday between 2-3pm when the order is just coming in and nobody else would have bought them because they're not yet on the shelf behind me. I know of four people besides yourself who regularly buy these particular cigarettes.'

SC: 'I'll come in at 2 then.'

Owned.

Zig for great justice!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Eeeeh, I dunno. If I smoked, I'd be equally as frustrated as him - assuming his story's true. If this happens, I usually promise to talk to the person who orders the cigarettes for them. After all, it's good for the store ($$), the customer (happiness), and the clerks (no stress!) if there's enough of a product to go around.

Now, if he was lying about your store never having them, that's different. And it really was unecessary for him to be rude and give you orders; people need to learn that bad behavior gets them nowhere.

Hey, why did he order ten packs instead of a carton? Ten packs are in a carton! Or, they are here. Where is this place where they call them "packets?" Just curious.

Comment

i wonder if that guy has the same problem i have,
        there is some woman around here that seems to buy up all the diet coke before i get there along with all of the bras in my size (who needs 12 bras at one time i ask you thats 6 black and 6 white) it gets frusterating trying to find out who this woman is, i know that the people who stock the diet coke come in every day and do a full stock and yet when ever i get there its all gone.
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
          i know that the people who stock the diet coke come in every day and do a full stock and yet when ever i get there its all gone.
          This is why more stores need to put a per-person limit on certain items, and yes, that should include cigarettes. I guess some people (read: SCs) just don't grasp the concept that they are not the only ones shopping at that store that want a particular product. Too many people are too greedy and self centered these days.
          Last edited by katie kaboom; 07-08-2007, 03:02 PM.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Am I a sucky person because I have my family get me at least five cartons of smokey treats at a time? I mean, they usually go to tobacco shops and all, and I get a cheap brand...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
              Eeeeh, I dunno. If I smoked, I'd be equally as frustrated as him - assuming his story's true. If this happens, I usually promise to talk to the person who orders the cigarettes for them. After all, it's good for the store ($$), the customer (happiness), and the clerks (no stress!) if there's enough of a product to go around.
              I see what you're saying, and if the product in question was a necessity i'd agree with you. I'd be ticked off too if i routinely couldn't get a specific product at a specific store. But cigarettes aren't (or at least, shouldn't be) a necessity in life. Just my

Comment

SC: 'I'll come in at 2 then.'
                but wait, didn't you just say you were never coming here again? Make up your mind!!!

Shengirl - the OP is in the UK, where they use funny words like "packet"
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Am I a sucky person because I have my family get me at least five cartons of smokey treats at a time? I mean, they usually go to tobacco shops and all, and I get a cheap brand...
                  I don't think it's quite as bad there as in a grocery store, cause of course tobacco stores do mainly sell cigarettes...but not grocery stores. I just think if people want such large quantities at a given time, it's more considerate to get them at a tobacco shop than clearing out all the ones at the grocery store.

Comment

at the grocery that i go to there is normally a limit on soda, if they are on sale. the recent deal of the century, buy 2 get 3 free 12 packs woot. limit 6 i laughed at that, but on the last day they let me buy 10 i was so happy.

im glad that the mysterious diet coke drinking lady who takes them all didnt get there before me, but i think that since it was 4th of july weekend that they had over stocked knowing that i go in there complaining about their not being enough diet coke for me. it usually ends up with me asking them nicely to hunt me down at least one 12 pack or 2 liter till the next day when they restock.

i really dont know if its one lady who buys all the diet coke (ok i do for the bras cause the girl at fredricks told me so so i joke that its the same lady, the story behind that is that i have an unusual bra size so i went in to get fitted and put on hold the bras that i needed for when i got paid in a few days, i was told that they couldnt hold which i understood and she said well its not a regular bra size we usually dont run out of them, so i go in in a few days and she sees me walk in the door and gets this look on her face like i really shouldnt have said that, and tells me that the day before some lady comes in and buys all the black and white bras in that particular size)
                    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Shengirl - the OP is in the UK, where they use funny words like "packet"
                      The more you know-! Heh, thanks. I like being up on my slang/regional dialect, which is why I asked.

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
                        (who needs 12 bras at one time i ask you thats 6 black and 6 white)
                        Bast, perhaps? That girl has some interesting statues.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                          This is why more stores need to put a per-person limit on certain items, and yes, that should include cigarettes. I guess some people (read: SCs) just don't grasp the concept that they are not the only ones shopping at that store that want a particular product. Too many people are too greedy and self centered these days.
                          No way. If something sells so well that people are always coming in for it and not finding any, It's time to increase your order. Sale items are a different story.
                          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                            No way. If something sells so well that people are always coming in for it and not finding any, It's time to increase your order. Sale items are a different story.
                            Sometimes you can keep increasing the order every week, and it still isn't enough. When i worked at a grocery store it was like that with the Marborlo Lights. I always used to swear that there had to be something stronger than nicotine in those things.

Comment

i dont know what bast you know, but the bast i know has one set of breasts, now as a cat she would have multiple mammory glands but she as a goddess has 2 that i have seen (unless she has a new form i dont know about)
                              *sorry i love bast shes one of my favorite goddesses,

Comment

Working...
                              X