This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You billed me for 3 extra minutes?! I'm going to the media with this!"

Some customers I get just really make me either scratch my head or weep for humanity. Got this lovely call today:

SC: Well I'm calling to find out why the automated system is telling me I've used 3 minutes. My new minutes began at midnight last night and this is a weekend, you can't use up minutes on a weekend.
    Me: Ok, let me see here. Ah, looks like you have a roaming call that was 3 minutes long showing on this bill cycle even though the call was made in the previous cycle. This does sometimes happen with roaming calls...
    SC: That should have billed LAST month, but now you are charging me for them this month??
    Me: Well I did say-- (he cuts me off)
    SC: I know how you people work (and here we go...). Now I know it's only 3 minutes we're talking about here, but what if you put 3 extra minute on the accounts of 30 000 people. That's a lot of minutes you'd be unfairly charging people. I should take this to the media, I bet they would be very interested in what you people are doing.
    Me: Ok sir, I just gave you 50 courtesy minutes (I know I shouldn't have but I wanted to get rid of em) and it was only 3 minutes you had an issue with so I think that's more than fair.
    SC: It's not about the 3 minutes, it's about you charging people's accounts for minutes they are not even really using.
    Me: Sir, regardless of which billing cycle the used mintues appear on I can assure we are only charging you ONCE for those minutes.
    SC: I'm going to be keeping a close eye on my minutes from now on and if anything like this happens again, you are definitely going to hear about it and just from me. Thanks for the courtesy minutes. *click*

All this over THREE MEASLY MINUTES???

It's not the money, it's THE PRINCIPLE. And the principle says GIVE ME FREE STUFF NOW.
    But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
    -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
      SC: I'm going to be keeping a close eye on my minutes from now on and if anything like this happens again, you are definitely going to hear about it and just from me.
      What? He's NOT going to have his friends, family, aquaintances and random strangers call up and harass you? He needs to step up if he wants to be taken seriously.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X