This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop broke how??

We recently lost a technician that I wasn't sad to see go, because of how clueless he was on anything electronics related and we essentially do electronics support and troubleshooting and he could barely operate his laptop.

He fried his laptop because he left his charger at another location but landed somewhere that we had an adapter and 24V DC adjustable power supply. Well he decided that his laptop could probably charge faster so he kept increasing the voltage from 19.5V till it shut off for good and he had no idea on how or why increase voltage could harm a electronics system and cause problems.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

That's a special kind of ignorant right there. I totally understand how this would happen outside the field, but a tech?

Comment

sms,
      that is just the surface, the real scary part we have the software and equipment to override ANY safety shutdown or bypass. The only equipment we have that is authorized to run to destruction is our fire water pumps because if the place is on fire there is nowhere to go except into the ocean.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Poor laptop, it never had a chance.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Well if a chicken takes an hour to cook in the oven at 350 degrees, of course it would only take a half an hour to cook at 700 degrees.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Comment

was the tech's name Judy?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWqMAOHS4A

Comment

Uh, how did this "tech" get his job again?
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm almost completely computer illiterate, yet I instinctively know that adapters have different voltages for a reason. I think Gonzo's post is the reason why I get that.
                Last edited by Food Lady; 03-04-2014, 11:32 PM.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Gonzo View Post
                  Well if a chicken takes an hour to cook in the oven at 350 degrees, of course it would only take a half an hour to cook at 700 degrees.
                  Technically true. Now, if you want it to be edible as well....
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Gonzo View Post
                    I believe that's related to the observation that traffic lights synchronized for 30 MPH are also synchronized for 60 MPH.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X