This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD's Thought I was Sucky.

I ordered a Big Mac, no sauce, plain. I got that to use my free iced coffee coupon. Total is $3.59.

I inscpect my burger at the counter, and find pickles, a mount of onions, and lettuce. Not to mention the literal POOL of thousand island (a.k.a. their sauce) pouring out of the burger.

Me: I'm sorry, I asked for no sauce and it plain.
    Girl1: Okay.

So, she grabs a napkin, and wipes the sauce off, and then uses another napkin to swipe the toppings off.

Me: Um.. could I have a new burger?
    Girl1: *glare nd walks off*

A note, in here you can see everything in the kitchen from the registers, as those screens are on the walls.

What does she do? Gets ANOTHER napkin and wipes it off again. Brings it back, as the Girl2 sets down my coffee.

Me: ...okay, I want a refund. I just watched you wipe it off again, Girl1.
    Girl2: Go back to the friers!

So, Girl2 refunds my money, takes the burger. Leaves the coffee. You're only supposed to get that coffee free with a non-dollar menu burger...

Girl2: Would you like something else? I'm sorry about her.
    Me: ..yeah, I'll take a double cheese burger plain. Thank you.
    Girl2: $1.10.

I get my burger, perfect condition, and make off with the coffee XD

Girl1 was still throwing eye ball daggers my way upon departure.

Ya see...

It's people like THAT that CREATE SC's.

Forgive my french, but that was just a lazy bitch. She should have gone home for the day, if not lost her job. There's entitlement and then there's just not being served.

Comment

I don't think McD's [as a corporate entity] thought you were sucky . You were probably dealing with one of their "quota" employees.

Anyway, I typically don't eat their stuff and I'm getting a craving for some dead factory-farmed cow product right about now...
      Last edited by poofy_puff; 04-16-2008, 03:33 AM. Reason: typos
      I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Blergh! Having worked at a McD's for two months or so, let me tell you, I will never, ever, ever crave a Big Mac again. Ever!
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Blergh! Having worked at a McD's for two months or so, let me tell you, I will never, ever, ever crave a Big Mac again. Ever!
          One more reason for me to never actually work in fast food.

And I prefer Quarter Pounders anyway.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Isn't that a health violation?? That's really gross.

Comment

I've always said that if someone was rude to you first, anything you do is fine. Or if they do something stupid/shitty to you, any way you act is fine.

This girl broke that rule, so pretty much whatever you do/say to her is legal. No suckiness involved on your part.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

While I mostly agree with Apathy, I'll put it this way - you didn't stoop to her level, or escalate to something petty and unnecessary, so you weren't sucky.

Sucky would have been throwing the sandwich at her, having a hissy/screaming fit in the store, or threatening to have her fired.

Politely requesting a refund after you watched her blatantly disregard a polite request to get your sandwich the way you ordered it? Far from sucky.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                  Sucky would have been throwing the sandwich at her, having a hissy/screaming fit in the store, or threatening to have her fired.
                  Very true. There is still a line.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                    While I mostly agree with Apathy, I'll put it this way - you didn't stoop to her level, or escalate to something petty and unnecessary, so you weren't sucky.

Politely requesting a refund after you watched her blatantly disregard a polite request to get your sandwich the way you ordered it? Far from sucky.
                    I'll disagree a bit here...

I think 'threatening' to have her fired would have been perfectly acceptable. Definitely what she did was something worth mentioning to the manager. And seeing as she did it twice, becomes fireable.

I don't care if it's a suckass job, and just being done to get someone through school and is thus the lowest of dead end jobs, there is still a level of respect that should be shown. And if she can't do those basics - then toss her ass to the door....

Now - throwing the thing back at her - that might have been a bit sucky - but amusing And a hissy fit... that'd be good too I mean - there's 'wrong' and then what she did - which was seriously badly wrong....
                    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Getting someone fired is so much easier if you're calm.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

They're just slack, and can't be bothered. You didn't have a major bitch fest, you were only asking what is the general standard for a screwed up order at a fast food place. You throw out the old burger, you get them to create a new one. The local adjacent to my mall has never screwed around when they've messed up my order... and they've been insanely apologetic at the same time, or I've scored free stuff off them for the fact that the people making the burgers aren't paying attention.
                        - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                          I think 'threatening' to have her fired would have been perfectly acceptable. Definitely what she did was something worth mentioning to the manager. And seeing as she did it twice, becomes fireable.
                          I agree that what she did could be considered a fireable offense, and I would definitely speak to a manager. But I generally disagree with customers threatening to get an employee fired.

In the end, its sort of an empty threat, because customers have no say over who should or shouldn't be employed there. That's up to management. Customers can only decide if they want to spend their money there. And while that should certainly influence a manager's staffing decisions, one customer and one incident isn't likely to swing a manager either way. And only management knows for sure if this is an ongoing thing or just a one time situation.

I suppose one could say, "I'm going to try to get you fired" or "I'm going to strongly advise against your continued employment" but those things don't have the same ring to them, do they?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Write an email to corporate about it! This is something worth complaining about, not the standard dumbass entitlement issues most people who are sc have.

For eight long years my part time job was as a secret shopper for a marketing service and one of the places I did the most was MickeyDs. The report you have to fill out was 17 pages long. Corporate is anal that things have to be done their way and would have a fit if they knew that was happening at one of their outlets.

The funniest thing about doing the McDonalds shops was how some of the managers would throw a fit, call up the marketing company to argue about the ratings. Once in a great while marketing would do a conference call, patch me in with them and the manager and they'd attempt to browbeat me into admitting I'd not seen the things I listed, like coworkers making out behind the counter, dirty cardboard boxed smushed flat and walked over a million times in the kitchen or spilled ice and soda on the floor. One manager hated me because I always gigged him on serious infractions and went way out of his way with the security tapes trying to figure out who I was. He once accused me of having PMS the day I visited his store.
                            "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

The report you have to fill out was 17 pages long. Corporate is anal that things have to be done their way and would have a fit if they knew that was happening at one of their outlets.
                              Their store operations manuals are like 747 flight operations manuals. Thick and plentiful. The have a wide selection of staff- and manager-only videos for training purposes.

This _is_ a McD's way to do everything in that store.
                              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                              X