This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Tax if you will...

A local coffee shop here in the area just imposed a new no cell phone rule. If you go to the counter to order your caffine treat and are either yakking on your phone or texting, you get bumped to the back of the line and have a $2 surcharge added to your total for wasting the baristas time.

Awesome.

Awsome to the max.
    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Let's hope this catches on all over the country!
      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
      --Dilbert

Comment

That is awesome! Too bad there isn't an SC tax for wasting time, because I have a load of people at the dealership I would LOVE to charge for that.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That's what I love about most local coffee shops- the patrons know how to behave, and the staff will take no crap.
          Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Let me guess: a mom-and-pop kind of place? Because I can't imagine any big-chain coffeeshop allowing anything like that in one of their stores.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sweet merciful crap. That's awesome.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

That is beyond awesome. I wish that rule could be implemented everywhere!!
                "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Jewels View Post
                  A local coffee shop here in the area just imposed a new no cell phone rule. If you go to the counter to order your caffine treat and are either yakking on your phone or texting, you get bumped to the back of the line and have a $2 surcharge added to your total for wasting the baristas time.

Awesome.
                  Perhaps... there is a god after all.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Comment

Hopefully this won't bite them in the ass, I can see being sent to the back of the line, there's a sandwhich shop that does that in Chicago I think. Charging people extra money though, that's a bit extreme and will cost them business, and if it's a mom and pop establishment, in this economy, they can't afford it.

Comment

If they have their good regular customers, who know better than to do that crap (which is annoying beyond belief) they will be fine.
                        I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
                          Hopefully this won't bite them in the ass, I can see being sent to the back of the line, there's a sandwhich shop that does that in Chicago I think. Charging people extra money though, that's a bit extreme and will cost them business, and if it's a mom and pop establishment, in this economy, they can't afford it.
                          Unless their clinetele is exclusively made up of self-absorbed twits who can't be bothered to get off their cell phones when ordering, I agree they should be fine.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

OMG, I am SO f*badword*ing JEALOUS!!!!!

I can't wait to hear the stories of the bitching that goes along with that rule!!!
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Oh Thank FSM!!!! Now if only the rest of us could share in this awesomeness!

Comment

Working...
                              X