X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You bought it, you have problems, you bring it in

Not what you're thinking at all

So working at the help desk, I get a call a few days ago from who we will call John:

*Warning: this may be a bit techie but it is a SS (stupid Student in this case) none the less*

Me: Your friendly neighborhood gaming goon
    John: Not too bright for a grad student but he is really nice

Me: *opening spiel* "this is Jackofalltrades"
    John: "I am having problems connecting to the domain"
    Me: *Begins trouble shooting for 15-20 minutes*
    John Finally: "Oh I'm not in the building right now is that gonna be a problem?"
    Me: "Yea, you have to be in the building to connect to the domain"
    John: "But I have VPN, shouldn't that work?"
    Me: "Once you are already on the domain you can connect to it from outside from VPN"
    John: "I can't do that"
    Me: "Why is that?"
    John: said in a completely deadpan tone: It's Heavy.
    Me: It's heavy?" Thinking 'okay it's a desktop, not a big deal, suck it up if you want to be on the domain.
    John: "It's heavy, I don't want to bring it in" no explanation just didn't want to
    Me (meanwhile everyone I'm working with is cracking up because of the disbelief in my voice and attempts not to laugh at him): "Well I'm sorry I can't help you"
    John: "I'll try to bring it in on Monday"

I hang up the phone and just laugh my ass off. This guy is notorious for asking stupid questions and annoying us in general. That day he came in 6 times, 4 of which were just to chat. We try to give him the hint but he is so nice that we can't just send him packing.

On Monday, he came in and I actually hid behind a stack of computers I was working on to avoid talking to him. He didn't have the computer with him. It turns out he custom-built computer he has no idea how work on himself. It's a "liquid cooled" unit that weighs about 75-80lbs when full. We half expected him to empty the liquid and start it up when he got here only to fry it.
    Last edited by Jackofalltrades; 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: changing title
Working...
X