Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks... acceptable. Not great, but normal enough.

It may be worth downloading a fresh copy of Firefox, then completely uninstalling the current version and installing it anew.

Comment

This thing is really screwed. I've been working all day, which means I've been online all day, and the connection keeps dropping out. The router isn't in my apartment, so I wonder if my landlord's son (who, I assume, has the router in his place) has moved it. As it is, I doubt that it's close enough to me, given that he lives downstairs. I'm thinking seriously of getting my own connection. I sent a large file over Skype, and it has only just now succeeded, after an hour of the connection dropping regularly.

edit:
      Hmmm. Having posted the above, my connection has suddenly improved, which makes me wonder if the landlord's son was online, using most of the bandwidth, and then went to bed (it's late here). Is that possible? Would high-bandwidth use cause my connection to keep dropping?
      Last edited by EricKei; 08-20-2015, 06:55 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

In short, yes.

You might want to read about "bufferbloat" if you want the long answer - if *I* start talking about it, we'll be here all month.

Comment

I'm just going to get my own connection. There's a place that will give me 30 Mbps download speed for a reasonable price, and free installation. I texted my landlord about it, because they need to put an antenna on the roof. I'm waiting for his response. I think he'll agree.

Comment

Working...
          X