This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work BBQ was awesome

Now I know why I love attending my work bbq every summer. (not just the open bar and crazy good food!! Although, both are a huge bonus!)

It's amazing when you see your superiors in a social setting and they become...human. I mean, I have always liked my bosses, but this year at our bbq, I really got to know them a lot more.

I work for a festival so as you can imagine the closer we get to the festival, the more stressed out, tired, frazzled, insane etc people get. DURING the festival it gets worse. Then we don't see each other for a few months. So you mostly remember screaming, annoyed, angry, insan-o boss when you head back to the office.

This was a kinder, gentler person I was sitting with on Saturday. She actually apologized for how she acts in the couple of months leading up to fest, and during fest itself. She's trying to change and she knows that myself and another co-worker seem to take the brunt of the crazy since we have to work with her the most.

We started talking about what we do outside of festival, and it turns out she's pretty cool. I mean, we always new she was ultra-hip and modern etc. but turns out she actually is pretty normal and approachable and has that "geeky" side to them.

I have a new found appreciation for the boss and what she must go through - plus I have a tummy full of the best bbq I have had in a long time (2 days later ... STILL full!)
Working...
X