This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Feel Guilty?

Last week, I found out that Heidi and Spencer are planning on transfering to different shifts or departments.

That should be all good and dandy, and I should be celebrating, but I can't help but feel a little guilty and mean.

See, to anyone who hasn't been keeping up lately, these two are a couple at work on my shift who cannot be away from one another. They constantly talk all night long and don't get much work done......not that they do much work when alone anyway....and it has caused some serious uproars from the department. Many people have gone to the boss about them, but he's prefered to just say there is nothing he can do about it. He just kept warning them to cut it out, which they never did.

Many times, if the shift leads tried to separate them by putting them on opposite sides of the room or in other areas, they'd just go home sick together. They did this many times. Both of them have atrocious attendance.

They even got special permission from the boss to take break together at a time of their choosing, because they didn't want to take break with everyone else, because *wahh wahh* they don't think anyone likes them and they feel left out.

So now they are so sick of us that they are going to go elsewhere in the factory.

Do you guys think I (and some of my coworker friends who have complained about them) should feel guilty that we sent them over the edge and to the point of wanting to leave?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

No.

If they can't behave professionally in the workplace, you guys have every right to complain about them. And if they feel like nobody likes them, it's probably because nobody does and there's a reason for it.

Congratulations on getting rid of them!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Not just no but HELL NO !@! ! ! ! Don't feel guilty at all. If they'd been doing what they should ahve anot not screwing off all the time, things would be different for them. I just hope for your sake that their replacements are better than that.

Comment

There is no guilt to be felt here.

I have read most of your previous posts and am at a loss as to why they (and others you have mentioned) are still employed?????? It boggles the mind. Why any boss would continue to pay people who dont work defies logic.

I say good ridance to bad workers. Have a party to celebrate
        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Do you guys think I (and some of my coworker friends who have complained about them) should feel guilty that we sent them over the edge and to the point of wanting to leave?
          Is the Pope Unitarian?

It's never wrong to complain when somebody can't be arsed to do their job right.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm going to agree with the general consensus here.

It's great that they were able to work together... But work is work.
            I used to work in a store in Australia that is somewhat similar to Walmart.
            2 of the people there that were managers of 2 different departments were a couple. However they acted outside of the store during their off hours was up to them.. (and that can be said for pretty much anyone. Off-work hours are personal time.) But as soon as they were at work, that's what they did. Worked.
            They may have glanced at each other, smiled, or even talked softly together if they had half a chance while talking about work...

But the whole time, they worked.

This couple seems the opposite of that. To them, the responsibility of being at work seems to be something they don't quite grasp. If they're not pulling their weight, then you shouldn't feel guilty complaining.

Would you feel guilty if it was someone who's girlfriend/boyfriend didn't work there and caused them to be distracted in the same way?
            3 Basic rules for ordering food.
            - Order from the menu.
            - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
            - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

OH HELL no there should be no guilt here....they need to pull their collective heads out and do some damn work while on the job!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. I don't know why the little voice inside my head stopped me and said "Now now blas, you should feel a little bad."

Maybe because I have been down that road before. Everyone hated me, wanted me gone, etc. But the difference is that no one had a good reason to hate me. I came to work, did my job, got work done, etc, it's just that I didn't measure up to what certain operators thought was "ideal"........so it really was harrassment.

I'm certainly glad those two haven't cried for that, yet. People may get on them and tell on them like crazy, but it's because they don't fucking work! Period! Of course it's a valid reason to hate you and want you gone if you make more work for everyone else, and especially when the boss doesn't care and you get away with it for several months!

Comment

I don't think you should feel guilty at all. It is not as if you just took a dislike to them and drove them away because of that. They were slacking big time on their work, which would mean extra work for everyone else. If someone is not at least trying to keep up their share of the workload, they cannot expect people to be receptive towards them.

And you should not feel guilty to be free of people who didn't sound like they were of much benefit to your department in the first place

Comment

The fact that you think you should feel guilty just proves you're a decent person.

However, these two brought this on themselves, and you weren't even the only one to complain, so it's not like you forced them to do this.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      So now they are so sick of us that they are going to go elsewhere in the factory.

Nope, because knowing you I highly doubt you went out of your way to make them feel "unwelcome"-and what will they do when the other shift/department treats them the same-they'll blame someone else after all they couldn't be the problem
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Good point, Katt.

Once they are gone for good, I'm going to drive myself nuts wondering how their new boss is going to handle them and their tendencies.....unless they do the smart thing and seperate themselves at work. But even so, neither one tries to work very hard....hopefully they get a hardass boss.

Comment

Guilty for what?!
                          That you and your CW's expect these two to do what all of the rest of the people in your area manage to accomplish, sounds like nothing unreasonable to me. At work you work, off hours you socialize. They brough the sitaution on themselves--it was out of your control, so let them live with it.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I get the feeling that they've got used to special treatment at your current place and are going to expect that elsewhere. I can see them coming back within a couple of months.

Rapscallion

Comment

If this couple wanted to work exclusively with one another, they should have started a home based business. Otherwise, they should have just considered themselves lucky to not only work at the same place but on the same shift together, not many couples can claim even half as much.

Of course, the real problem is that they don't want to work, they want someone to pay their bills while they lovey-dove with each other. There's no need to feel guilty that they've been held to normal job standards. If anything, they should be the ones feeling guilty for taking advantage of the allowances they were given because they are a couple.
                              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                              X