This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggar! This look familiar??

The gif shows something to which Draggar and Co. aspire!

http://ihasahotdog.com/2010/08/02/fu...es-no-can-has/
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

That is freaking awesome!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I've seen the full video - it's a French police training video. Give me a few minutes to find it - there is a great video of two malinois taking down the guy, he falls on one of them and they don't lose the grip.

Edit:

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbD3qzMcJxA

That shot is from around 0:37, the double team is around 1:00

The French breed some of the best working malinois in the world.
      Last edited by draggar; 08-07-2010, 05:34 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

hee hee bitchin
        Man's best friend indeed
        I love the French in the background-- I understand most French, so it's awesome-- at one part, it looks like one of the officers is swinging the dog around-- what's up with that???
        and yeah-- I heard the dog that got landed on yelp a bit, now that's dedication!
        Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 08-07-2010, 10:37 PM.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          at one part, it looks like one of the officers is swinging the dog around-- what's up with that???
          The dog was "in the zone" and bit the handler on the hand / arm and wouldn't let go (he was swinging it around to get it to let go - poor handling, he should know better that would only make the dog bite harder).

At least it had a good and strong bite.

And once more my sig is true.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Ah. How does a trainer usually get a dog to let go? Voice commands?
            .__.

Comment

The dogs grip (and adrenaline) was too much for voice commands. This is what looks like happened (I don't know for sure since I wasn't there, it happens to quickly, and the quality isn't the greatest).

First what caused it - as the dog released I am not sure what the handler did - either pet the dog on the side or grab it and the dog thought that it was someone else going after him - hence the bite.

As he was twirling the dog around he quickly lowered it to the ground, it hit the ground and still didn't let go. He had to scruff the dog (very high on the neck) and then pull it off. It happens quickly but the dog tried to grab his hand again.

It can happen with a dog that isn't properly trained to release but I don't think it was the case here. I just think the dog was too much "in the zone" to let go. Things go and move very quickly.

But - this happens a lot in schutzhund trials, the dog bites the sleeve and the helper twirls the dog around. This done for two reasons, to test the dog's grip (to make sure they won't let go) and for show (yes, the crowds do love it).

Here's a lot of twirling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkOK49JYQSg

(Edit): I was watching this video and EVERY German shepherd slowed down as they were about to bite the sleeve. The malinois (the only one they showed with the bite - the last dog), didn't.

I like this video, too, and yes, it is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5Yo...eature=related

Smoke as a distraction as the dog (another malinois) runs to the perp.

Edit:

Ever wonder what the guy in the blind sees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKmX...eature=related
              Last edited by draggar; 08-08-2010, 11:49 PM.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Ok, watching these links and finally getting a chance to see the Mythbusters dog episode, I have to wonder at the guard dog they were using in the tests. He wasn't that well trained. I was rather shocked at some of what they got away with actually.

Comment

Working...
                X