This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not open means I'm not open

Let me start by saying that a) our cafe opens at 10:00 but we unofficially open for the mall walkers (coffee) at 8:00. I was scheduled at 9:30, giving me only half an hour to open, which is standard. So, aside suckiness, I'm rushing around trying to get open when they try to get me to chat. I ignore that. Then some woman--while all my kitchen lights are off and I'm working in the dark--tries to order. I say I'll be open at 10:00. She tells me she just wants a drink and I repeat myself. She complains to Boss Lady, who backs me up. It's not my fault the management plays favorite customers. It's not my fault I am scheduled when I am. Stop whining and go to one of the vending machines. There are at least 4 out in that mall. If I stop what I'm doing every five minutes for a soda, I will never get open. Then, because of you, other sucktomers will blame me when I have no food to sell.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

This is a scene from the movie Clerks. The main character, Dante, is unable to open the security shutters over the windows of the convenience store he works at because someone shoved gum in the locks. So, he makes a sign...

Management needs to do what they refuse to do, and allow you to do the opposite: Put a giant sign across, blocking the counter, that reads "I ASSURE YOU WE'RE CLOSED!!!"

Or, you know, they could have the metal security gate that rolls out across the front, like the McDonald's/Subway/whatever in a Wal*Mart.

Oops, there I go again, making sense. I keep forgetting that at your place of employment, that's not allowed!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

So...are you open?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ah, yes I'd like a-

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T HELP ME?!
        *Throws tantrum on floor*

Comment

lol, how do these people phrase their complaints? "Food Lady won't let me buy soda while the cafe is closed!"

The other day I was at the grocery store early (like 5:45 AM) to buy lunch and was thinking that the coffee shop wasn't open yet, but I was SO TIRED that when I saw the person behind the counter I locked on with the same rabid focus as a zombie. Still, I managed to say one word... "Open?" The poor girl was like "No!" in a fairly cranky tone. I did not demand she help me, I slunk off like the caffeine deprived sleepwalker that I was.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

At the petrol station, we often get idiots driving in the opposite way (bonus points if they've first driven up to the coned off entrance, then doubled back to drive in the exit) who seem incapable of understanding that just cuz we're still there, it doesn't mean that the petrol station is open. Usually, we ignore them unless they're persistant (ie banging on the window or seemingly trying to push the door down) cuz we have work to do before we can leave and mouthing "We're closed!" thru the glass gets old fast.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

On one Sunday, the tax office was a revolving door. About 5 minutes before closing, a lady called about her refund check. Sure enough, we have it, but we close in 5 minutes; however, we have to catch up on the paper work and will be around a bit longer than that (a half-hour, it turns out). She made it in about 15 minutes.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X