Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, I will not serve you when the power is out.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I will not serve you when the power is out.

Basically, there was a power failure at the petrol station. All the lights were out, all the pumps were down and nothing was working. Before we left, we had to write a massive handover to the morning staff and lock up everything as well as cash the tills while hoping the counting machine had enough charge on it to let us. The manager lent us two torches so we could do all this without bumping into everything. The manager also sent over some people to clear the chillers so we wouldn't have to bin anything, and called up the engineers to come and fix things overnight.

During this time, an SC drove in. Despite the fact that she had to move two cones to do so, and the small fact that the petrol station was in complete darkness, it didn't filter thru to her minuscule brain that the petrol station might be closed. It took me nearly ten minutes (I was outside locking the pumps while my colleague Sasha cashed up) to convince the stupid woman that firstly, when the power is out there is NO WAY she can get any petrol and secondly, she is certainly capable of going down the road herself. I mention this cuz after I explained to the SC that the power was out, she demanded that I walk to the next petrol station and fill up her jerry. Um, no.

She eventually left, and ten minutes later, so did we. Sasha and I stacked shelves over the road for the rest of our shift. The SC did complain, but Craig verbally slapped her down, telling her that since we had a power failure, she ought to have known better than to try and come in.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Some people are just this stupid, unfortunately. And to demand YOU go and fill her can elsewhere? I hope you told her to take a flying leap!

Comment

I thought this was a continuation of the building on fire thread, lol. People are terrifyingly self centered, aren't they. Thought process, such as it is:

Want gas. Thing in way, get rid. No gas. RAGE RAGE!
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Sounds like the thought processes of the people who kept walking through paint at my workplace:

Want go there. Tape in way. Move tape. Why paint on shoes?
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

She wasn't the only customer who came in, but the only one who was an SC about it. Two other customers came along when there was still failing daylight, but only to ask what was going on and where the nearest petrol station was.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X