This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I designed the HAUNTED trail..

I actually have a SC, but still can not understand what the problem was.. wait check that I do.. man was not man enough to say the KIDDIE trail spooked him.

BG/ So this year to pick up a little money to save back to get to England I decided to try out for a haunted trail. I got a job, but not what I sat out to get.. owner of the trail wanted me to design the two trails (one for kids, the other not).. but that is a long story and not the focus of this post./bg

Lots of kids and parents happily complained that the trails were too scary. They enjoyed themselves, and almost everybody was happy (especially the trail owner because their trail was going to be talked about for a long time coming). So when this guy first complained, I foolishly thought it was another of the compliments in the form of complaining that the kiddie trail was too scary.

Cast of characters
    SC - Father of 'traumatized' kid (TK)
    TK - Traumatized kiddy that didn't look to traumatized'
    Me - guess?
    AO - Awesome owner..who learned I tend to say exactly what I think and who sat beside me at the exit to see peoples reaction on their many cameras they put up
    Steve and Jo (female) - off duty police hired to keep the peace for the trail

SC - I want my money back ($1 for kid, $3 for adult)..my kid won't sleep for a week now!
    Me - Well it is a Haunted trail, he looks like he is enjoying himself
    TK (eating some pumpkin pie) - Best part was the twins!
    SC - He refused to go down the trail because of those twins, I am not paying for something he never did!
    AO (Pulling up the cameras about that time, looking for something) - I am sorry to hear that, but as the dozens of signs say... no refunds.
    SC - You will give me my money back, we never went down the stupid trail because my kid threw a tantrum when I tried to get them to go.
    AO - You mean the same kid you are dragging away from the trail, who looks eager to go?
    SC (sort of deflates but keeps trying) - Are you calling me a liar?
    Me - no SHE is not, the cameras are...Steve, Jo.. can you show the gentlemen out?

I should mention that Steve is larger then me. He is about 6'3" and I am convinced his muscles had muscles. Yet..of the two Jo was the intermediating one at 5'4".. just had one of those 'you don't want to mess with me' presences. SC turned white when she stood up.. and backed down toward the vehicles shouting that he would never be back, and would tell his friends how terrible we were.
    Last edited by Mytical; 11-03-2015, 05:26 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Sounds like Daddy bottled it and is trying to make out it was his boy who got scared....
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      Sounds like Daddy bottled it and is trying to make out it was his boy who got scared....
      More likely he was trying to get a freebie. It's too bad that you couldn't tie the father up in the adult trail and use him as a prop.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Sounds like my experience with my baby cousin at the local carnival haunted house some years ago. He loved it. I, being one who's not big on jumpscares, did not.

Difference is I was man enough to admit I was just a wimp and we went about the rest of our day without troubling any of the carnival attendants.

Comment

Hey, I've wimped out before..but like others was adult enough to own up to being a wimp. I just want to know who goes to a haunted trail and expects it to not be scary? Wasn't anything too over the top in the kids trail.. mostly things that scared me as a kid. Clowns, dentist, etc.. except the twins. Two sisters (not twins but I got them to look like they were) with doll masks doing the creepy stare thing was the scariest part of it.

Like walking into a gamestop and demanding they sell you a blender because you are not interested in games.
          Last edited by Mytical; 11-03-2015, 08:55 PM.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I kinda hope he goes to the press and complains about the place being "too scary" -- for a venue like this, that's amazingly good free publicity!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Or just his friends

Quoth EricKei View Post
              I kinda hope he goes to the press and complains about the place being "too scary" -- for a venue like this, that's amazingly good free publicity!
              I can just see this guy trying to tell his friends how scary the trail was that his kid would not use it. As a simple guess that will cause all his friends to show up to try the trail.
              ;0

Some people don't get that the more they complain the better it sounds to others.

Comment

Count me with everyone who thinks the guy was trying to scam a freebie by claiming his kid was too scared (even though the kid clearly loved it). Seriously, how can the best part be the twins if the kid was too scared of the twins to actually go on the trail? Dad's story doesn't add up.

Sounds like a sweet job, Myt. Count me jealous (and wishing I was close enough to try the trail next year).
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X