This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Racist Bitch From Hell

This happened on an afternoon when I was working with Sasha, who is black. This is important.

The SC showed up at a dead spot in the afternoon. She parked her car, got out, and picked up the pump, all with a phone clamped to her ear. So we didn't authorise it, as per the rules and Sasha went outside to tell the SC to get off the phone. The SC responded with disgusting racist abuse and Sasha came back inside, shaken. I told her not to worry and that we were not going to serve that bitch. Sasha called the manager, Craig, over to deal with the SC, telling him exactly what the SC had done and what she had said to her. I'm not repeating it here, but it contained a horrid word beginning with "n".

Now, we all know what SCs do whenever faced with managers, right? Well, this SC did otherwise. The moment Craig confronted her, she started screaming abuse at him and waving her hands at him, shrieking that the mobile phone rule was a stupid one, and refusing to get off it. Craig told her to leave, as neither myself or Sasha were going to serve her. The SC continued to scream at him, so he told her to leave now, or he'd call the police. The SC got into her car, still swearing, and left. And yes, she was still on that damn mobile.

Now, some might say, "What's the harm in using a mobile while pumping petrol?" Well, here's the reasons why this is not allowed.

1. Distraction. While you're on the phone chatting to your bestie, or to your husband, you're not concentrating on the task in hand, ie dealing with a hazardous fluid. Tho, it's not so much the liquid petrol that is dangerous, it's the vapour. All the time, there is petrol vapour puffing out of the nozzle as you fill your tank, and since it's heavier than air, it lies on the floor. Which brings us to...

2. Sparks. A mobile phone is a metal object and the ground is concrete. When a metal object strikes concrete, there is the risk of sparking. Petrol vapour is highly explosive and just one spark from a dropped mobile could cause one. The chances of dropping your phone are pretty high, especially since most people who try to use phones at the petrol station do that thing where they prop the phone between their shoulder and cheek. Finally...

3. Battery. Just one perforation in a mobile phone battery, and boom. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xPHopebiE Now, imagine that happening in a petrol station.

Note: Yes, I know that Mythbusters busted the so called "myth" but that was with an old pushbutton phone. The majority of people nowadays have smartphones, which have the explosive battery.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Perhaps the mobile stuck to her ear 24/7 has begun melting her brain, beginning with her sense of human decency? Here's hoping she does cause an explosion sometime soon, because I doubt anything less would jolt her out of the mire of self-centered stupidity she's swaddled in.

Comment

And how soon before she's back, doing the exact same thing and thinking it will be different THIS time?

Comment

No they did not

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Note: Yes, I know that Mythbusters busted the so called "myth" but that was with an old pushbutton phone. The majority of people nowadays have smartphones, which have the explosive battery.
        No, even at the time it was made the MythBusters show was a piece of garbage as far as the ringing tests that was done.

How many models of phones are on the market or have been sold and are no longer on the market? Do you really think they all use the same vibration/ringer/sound systems?

Of-course not! Each company is looking on how to save costs and will sue if they think another company is using one of their designs if it is not in the public domain.

I do not really expect the speaker system to generate sparks, but the vibrator system could be one of dozens of designs out there and not all of them are safe to have around explosive fumes.

Also while I know there are all sorts of safety checks done now-a-days, one never knows if the person at the pump has a cheap Chinese knock-off where-as to save money an unsafe piece of hardware was used.

Random phones are not safe to use around gas.

Comment

Even if not every phone is dangerous every second, some can be. And it's the RULES! Like it's really so impossible to stay off your phone for 5 minutes? Just hang up. You are not doing anything life or death that can't wait. SC wasted the same 5 minutes yelling at everyone and still didn't have gas.

Comment

So sorry that happened. Racist bitches are the worst type.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I would have hung up so fast if I heard my friend/loved one talking like that to someone while on the phone with me... The only reason I'd stay on would be to give them an earful when they're done being an asshole.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                Also while I know there are all sorts of safety checks done now-a-days, one never knows if the person at the pump has a cheap Chinese knock-off where-as to save money an unsafe piece of hardware was used.

Random phones are not safe to use around gas.
                This is, incidentally, the reason why the Mythbusters show testing the myth that a mobile phone could bring down an aeroplane concluded with the note that, while the phones they tested with the plane didn't necessarily cause interference with the electrics (not until they built one that could be affected, anyway) with the amount of phones being produced every year it would not be feasible to test every one to the level required to be sure it is safe. As such, airlines have a blanket ban.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Takeoff and Landings

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  This is, incidentally, the reason why the Mythbusters show testing the myth that a mobile phone could bring down an aeroplane concluded with the note that, while the phones they tested with the plane didn't necessarily cause interference with the electrics (not until they built one that could be affected, anyway) with the amount of phones being produced every year it would not be feasible to test every one to the level required to be sure it is safe. As such, airlines have a blanket ban.
                  What get me with this is that now-a-days they ask you to turn off your electronics during takeoff and landing, the two most dangerous parts of a plane flight, and thus the time you want the least chance of electronic interference. Yet even on the 3.5 hour flights I just did last week there were still people who thought they needed their electronics turned on for the five minutes at each end of the trip

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                    What get me with this is that now-a-days they ask you to turn off your electronics during takeoff and landing, the two most dangerous parts of a plane flight, and thus the time you want the least chance of electronic interference. Yet even on the 3.5 hour flights I just did last week there were still people who thought they needed their electronics turned on for the five minutes at each end of the trip
                    They don't even seem to do that any more here in the UK. I was just on an internal flight that all they asked was "devices in flight safe mode and any laptops or devices bigger than your hand to be stowed for take off / landing". Presumably the larger devices is more a factor of flying debris in an accident.

Hardly anyone even bothered to pay attention to the safety briefing, although to be fair it's a business orientated flight/airline so most people are pretty frequent flyers.

As for petrol stations - frankly I don't care if people blow themselves up I think if it as Darwinian evolution in action but I'd rather they didn't take me or the poor people who have to work there with them. As for evolution if they're using the word "naggers"* for anything but a historical discussion of the use of the word they they should be allowed to blow themselves up - just away from everyone else.

* https://youtu.be/HuvLUhuo52w - NSFW, has the use of the N word.
                    Not y3k compatible

Comment

Well, the SC in question was hit with the banhammer by Craig, so we won't be seeing her stupid face round the petrol station any more. I will also comfort myself with the thought that she gets banhammered from every petrol station in the area and has to drive miles to get petrol in future.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        This was also why, when I was pregnant with my first born and was being induced due to dangerously high blood pressure on my part, they completely banned cell phones from my delivery room.* Can't blame, them as my cell phone at the time was so poorly shielded that it could turn on/off the touch lamp if it was close by. And by close by, I mean across the room.

So, yeah, I can see a cell phone setting off petrol in gas form.

*Either that or they'd already dealt with the cell phone zombies who refused to move or didn't move fast enough during a medical emergency, which, I was high risk for... >.< Actually, I'll go with both. I didn't have to worry with my second kid, because he was emergency c-section from the moment I went in for the checkup with the OB.
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I don't know about the safety issue, but whenever I'm pumping gas there is way too much traffic noise to hear someone on my cell phone. The only time I took a call while pumping gas, I stepped away from the pump, but the traffic noise still made it a difficult call.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ah the days of dealing with entitled customers at the gas station. The prepaid pumps at the end of the row at the station I used to work at that were clearly marked yet idiots still pull up and wonder why they aren't turning on when lifting the latch and them bitching about it inside.

Its because we can't see your vehicle very well and your on the row closest to the driveway in and out of the station which would be very easy to drive off if they weren't prepay pumps.

Comment

On a related note: try having to tell the person on the other end you have hang up now but they keep jabbering away. I've had to hang up on my roommate more times I can count because they won't shut the hell up, they get pissed off at me but I tell them that if they'd listen I wouldn't have to hang up on them a quarter into their conversation.
                              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X