Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is banned at your store? STORY TIME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is banned at your store? STORY TIME!

We welcome ALL scumbags at our fine establishment! (Seriously, I double checked. NO ONE is banned.)

What about you guys?

Only person banned from the swamp that I know of is referred to as "the fingerpainter."

I'll let you figure out how she got that nickname.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Only person banned from the swamp that I know of is referred to as "the fingerpainter."

I'll let you figure out how she got that nickname.
      I'm guessing her finger painting efforts stank.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

As far as I know...there isn't anybody technically banned..but there are a few customers who we've made it pretty clear to that their shenanigans will not be tolerated at our store. So they don't come back.

Comment

i can haz stories? This all sounds really interesting!

Comment

I don't think we've officially banned anyone, but I know at least one customer who said she'd never be back, and thankfully, has kept her word so far.

I wrote about her in this post. The AM who handled her told me what she did after I went to the break room. EBQFH got even nastier with her, dropping f-bombs left, right and center and generally having a screaming fit over the discounts she wasn't supposed to have. The parting dialogue went,
            EBQFH: I'm never shopping here again!
            AM: Good. Please don't.

And I haven't seen her ugly face again to this day. And there was much rejoicing.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I just found an amazing book store ban story on here! It's quite old(2007):

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ghlight=banned

Creepy as

Comment

It's not very epic, but my company realized that 1% of our customer base made up a HUGE number of our tech call outs. So we did due diligence to determine that the issue was basically the customers being unreasonable and then cut them off. No more tech visits. You don't like it? Fuck off.

Most of them did. And there was much rejoicing.

Comment

Ironically, the only people banned here are ex-employees who left under less than amicable terms.

And the one who left in handcuffs.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Mostly prostitutes and potheads. Once someone smeared poop all over their walls: banned.
                    There were lots non customers, that is; people off the street who would come in and demand stuff and wouldn't leave until they got it.
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      I'm guessing her finger painting efforts stank.
                      Ummm, yeah.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Pay up

Quoth Aria View Post
                        It's not very epic, but my company realized that 1% of our customer base made up a HUGE number of our tech call outs. So we did due diligence to determine that the issue was basically the customers being unreasonable and then cut them off. No more tech visits. You don't like it? Fuck off.

Most of them did. And there was much rejoicing.
                        Our tech cal problem was a little different, they either were not paying on time for service calls (and yes some were owning for multiple calls) or they talked the sales guy into writing off the calls as good sales technique as they were such big customers (did I mention the commission the salesperson made of the original sales).

After our accountant crunched the figures it was changed to pay *ALL* the money you own or there will be no service call, and "Oh yes, the tech will look at your problem and make an estimate of the money to fix your problem, and there better be a check handed to him before he starts to fix anything.".

It was amazing how many suddenly could pay up, and the increase in the profit margin to the repair center.
                        Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 11-02-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

We used to have this regular library customer whom I'll call "Marcus".....got banned because he was coming into the building while drunk, and was harassing other customers (I think he would go off on political topics).

Anyhow, what makes this stand out to me is that "Marcus" was actually banned some years back for similar behavior. I'm not sure if it was permanent or no, but I do remember that he would kind of harass one of our then-circulation staff members.

Comment

There was only one person I ever saw banned from "Gamestore" and that was a creep who sexually harassed two of my female coworkers. He actually might have had charges pressed against him too I'll have to double check on that.

Now, being a call center, there's no one to ban from the premises but my company has "fired" a few customers since I've been here, mostly for abuse of reps. Vulgar language, racism, sexism, that sort of thing.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

*sigh* No one really gets banned from my work. I have a vague memory of someone possibly getting banned years ago for shoplifting. It was a happy coincidence that an off duty cop was shopping and heard our useless pages about our fictitious "security" and asked wtf was going on. He waited until her saw her put something in her bag, then followed her until she left the store without paying. I don't know if anything was put in writing, but she never came back.

At the roofing company we couldn't really ban like in retail, but we turned prospective customers away, sometimes. Not often, but sometimes. You know when a person has SC written all over them? Yeah, we could politely decline to offer a bid. People were BAFFLED. Totally speechless. "You're turning down business?!" I think we got told that it was illegal. More than a few times people would return a proposal with revisions. Not reasonable ones, oh no. Say they specifically asked for the cheapest roofing possible, so that's what is specified on the paperwork. Then they return the proposal with Cheapest Roofing crossed off, and Most Expensive Roofing handwritten in! And they seriously thought we'd do the roof for the price of the cheap roofing. It was mind blowing.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X