Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is banned at your store? STORY TIME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know of anyone banned from the hotel or the fine retail establishment where I worked before starting at the hotel, but we did have one old guy who would use the hot tub at the pool where I worked (as a 16 year old lifeguard no less) for happy funtime with himself.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Check out Customersruinmylife's threads, there's been quite a few people who have been banned/arrested from his pub...

Comment

Over the years the bookstore has banned a handful of known shoplifters and bad check writers. There was one older couple who stole bottles of wine from the bistro in the store, and one guy was banned for being creepy. He always talked forever and told the same stories to whatever cashier got him, which itself isn't weird, but one day he started telling the GM about how his kids didn't want anything to do with him and how he had CPS called because he showed someone a picture of his daughter riding a camel. It didn't make any sense, but the GM was creeped out and banned him. I think he was just mentally unstable, I found him annoying but not creepy, but I wasn't witness to the camel conversation and heard about it third-hand so maybe there was some serious weirdness going on. I don't know.

Oh, I almost forgot about the one guy who we suspected of using an exacto knife to cut pictures of children out of art books and was later caught taking photos of children in the store. Banned, cops called. I don't really know what happened to him,
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

We had a guy just recently get the eternal boot out of our store.

Shady Character would come in and just throw off vibes of no-goodness, but nothing we could ever pin on him. We'd keep on eye on him as best we could.

Until one day one of our regular customers was using our photo machines and left her phone behind. Shady comes up shortly after and steals the phone. We have it all on camera.

My details are kinds fuzzy for the next part but Shady comes back into the store with the phone saying he found it. Maybe he got a visit from the local law enforcement? How would they know exactly how to find him? Well, just days before he came into our store to fill out an application! Added for no effect but he was wearing a t-shirt and jean shorts and just looked a mess.

Now if we see him come into the store we have to call 911 right away but he hasn't been back since.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

The only one banned from our tax office was this scammer.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Sadly, at my former job, we were unable to ban anyone; that would be corporate's job. But I do know that the company sent letters to a number of serial returners, letting them know that due to an excessive amount of returns, they were no longer able to do so!

We had one in my store. My CW and I had the pleasure of getting her one night, maybe 45 mins before closing. She came in with one or two HUGE boxes of merchandise, and two ziplock bags of receipts. We had to match up each item, with each receipt, and if I recall correctly, it took us the better part of the remaining 45 minutes to just do that. and then we had to do the return.

when we looked at her history, she had bought say 20K worth of stuff, and returned probably 90% of it. She was also nasty and entitled, and when we threw out her plastic bags, she threw a hissy fit! whatever. she was well known not only to us but the other area stores, and i think was told sorry, no more returns, and they may have even closed her store charge!

By contrast, we had another customer come in with about 30 items to return, 28 of which were past our 90 day timefreame. UGH. so I asked the manager to let her know, and that we could only return 2 of her items. Now most customers would throw a hissy fit if told this, but she was ok with it. I said to the manager, wait, can you repeat what you just told me? she just said, apparetnly, oh i wasn't sure if they were ok or not, so i brought the mall. She also had the receipts with the correct items.

Comment

When I was working at the hospital, they had posters of one guy with his mug shots in every hospital and clinic they owned. He had a very bad habit of assaulting hospital workers. Every time he stepped on hospital property, the hospital had to call the police.

If he needed medical attention, the policeman had to go everywhere he did.

If he had an embarrassing condition, the police would know about it, too.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                  But I do know that the company sent letters to a number of serial returners, letting them know that due to an excessive amount of returns, they were no longer able to do so!
                  I'm green with envy. I want to be able to do that!

"Dearest Mrs. Scumbag-

Due to your obnoxious returns and constant tormenting of our innocent employees, you are no longer allowed to return our products. You may shop with us if you have adult supervision in the store. SCREW YOU MRS. SCUMBAG! SCREW YOU!

Best!,
                  Your friendly corporate office

*daydreams*

Comment

Outside of the customers who got arrested, I don't think the Warehouse management has really banned anyone outside of those they called the cops on. Most customers can and will get away with everything BUT stealing stuff. I have been called a few not so nice names by customers and management didn't bat an eye at that, but hell forbid I tell a customer that we are currently out of a type of bread and suddenly I'm threatened with a write-up.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      When I was working at the hospital, they had posters of one guy with his mug shots in every hospital and clinic they owned. He had a very bad habit of assaulting hospital workers. Every time he stepped on hospital property, the hospital had to call the police.

If he needed medical attention, the policeman had to go everywhere he did.
                      That's what happens when you insist upon showing your ass. Sooner or later, Karma's going to kick it.
                      Quoth catcul View Post
                      If he had an embarrassing condition, the police would know about it, too.
                      Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. Bet the cops gave him a lot of guff about it, too.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Not being a retail establishment, we've never had to ban someone. We have fired a client at one point-large company that was screwing around with not paying.

From the convention perspective, I can think of any number of people that have been banned:
                        attendee for climbing over a 4th floor outside railing to take a picture
                        staffer for threatening the con chair verbally in the lobby of the hotel
                        artist for copyright fraud (claiming mass-produced merch as her custom art)
                        dealer for threatening to sue the con and hotel over his own negligence
                        and several GoHs have been "invited to not return" over multiple infractions
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Odd as it seems, we actually DO have a couple of people "trespass warned" from the property (law enforcement agency). Two for terroristic threats (never funny, kids... no matter how much you hate "the man"), and one who was an ex of an employee who went full crazy stalker. Now, should these shining examples of humanity require law enforcement assistance, we always respond TO THEM, at their place of business or residence, but they are not allowed on our property. The warnings usually have a shelf life of a year, but by that time, they have moved on or sadly, been hospitalized or placed in a permanent care facility. So far, thank God/Buddha/Yahweh/Allah/Invisible Spaghetti Monster/Yoda, we haven't had any adverse incidents. And we have had numerous retail establishments ask us to give the same warnings to some rather "difficult" clientele.
                          Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Given the nature of my job with The Client, we don't deal too much with the general public, and we can't really "ban" anyone, exactly. There are some users who aren't supposed to call us anymore-- they're supposed to call their close support teams for assistance.

At the wholesale club, I was never really privy to who was banned and who wasn't, if anyone was-- despite my working at the front door a lot of the time.

At the movie theater, the main guy I remember getting banned was the Skeevy Creep. Among his offenses were claiming we'd "put something in the food" at a family movie night event, refusing to donate money to a cystic fibrosis fund because "they're all dead anyway," and trying to put his hands into random female moviegoers' laps in the theaters.

I'll let you guess which of those was what finally got him banned.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I was about to say a former coworker of mine was banned from all of my companys' properties...

but I just remembered, we're switching ownership this week.

So uh...

Comment

Have only banned one person in my 16 months of managing my Dollar Admiral store. Finally told Jesus lady to go take a flying leap last Saturday. Here's some of her shenanigans that finally boiled me over.

1)Will hold up the line for over 15 minutes arguing prices, changing her mind on items, deciding to go 'grab one more thing'

2)Constantly returning things (especially food) because 'we just didn't want it'

3)Stopping customers and trying to preach to them

4)Making the cashiers lift the heavy items out of their cart to scan them because supposedly it's their 'job'

5)Constantly asking the cashiers what hours I work because she wants to come back and talk to them about being 'saved'

6)Taking coupons off of products (the kind that are designed to be used for the item the coupon is attached to) and either trying to use them for something else or putting them in her 'coupon baggie'

7)Before she leaves, she grabs a giant handful of plastic bags and dashes out the door

8)Making my cashiers cry and shake because she's so nasty but she's ONLY like this when she's not with her husband (Her husband is a minister and a VERY nice man)

Well this last Saturday she made my cashier cry and then harassed a customer trying to 'save' them when they customer kept saying over and over and they weren't interested. Finally I just snapped, blew up at her and told her how I felt and told her if she ever stepped foot in my store again I would call the police.

As her last parting words, she lifted her hands up and 'prayed to release the devil from me'

Comment

Working...
                                X