This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
    Alas, there are far too many people like LL.

It hasn't been all that many years since members of a local church were sentenced for not taking their *daughter* to a doctor. She died. A few years before that, same church different family, 14 year old son died.

Both kids had easily treatable conditions. But the parents *prayed* instead.

The whole church is that way.
    Sadly that isn't that rare, and the parents get away with it most of the time! *sigh* Innocent children die a horrible death just because the parents have a warped sense of reality. And don't get me started on anti-vaxers...
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

As an update, I spoke with the unfortunate yet amazing doctor I passed LL on to. LLD is still on steroids but will be trying a slightly lower dose to ease LL's fears. The doctor told LL to continue praying as much as she wants, but to keep LLD on the medications because the cancer went into remission after LLD went on those medications and we don't want that progress to be undone. LL came to pick up the new dose yesterday. That doctor, I swear, that woman is a magician.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Any time I hear of someone doing something stupid saying they're "trusting God" I'm reminded that Jesus Himself said not to jump off tall buildings "trusting God" to save you (Gospel according to Matthew, Chapter 4, Verse 7 if anyone is interested). Sometimes answering these cooks with Scripture (if you're in a situation where it won't get you fired) stops them dead. I'm liberal but I know the book backwards and forwards, usually better than every religious fanatic who has started ranting at me. I mean really, Luke (one of the Bible authors) was a physician. WHY the crazy types dont believe God could heal through the skills of doctors (or in this case animal doctors) is beyond me.
          Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 10-16-2015, 04:23 PM.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Haven't they heard the expressions "The Lord helps those who help themselves" and "Put your faith in God, my boys, but keep your powder dry"?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I pray and I go to the doctor. I have faith, but I want to use all the things I can to fix something, because I figure that God can make things run more smoothly, or guide minds to the best courses of action. God cannot guide a doctor that isn't involved in the situation.

I don't understand why the SC here nearly didn't do that.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X