X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pissing on the grave

Rest in NO peace

Me: Hi,my name is CC, I'm a manager at <red checkmark>. How can I help you?
    SC: There's a problem with my bill. I still see balances for my SHARP installment plans, those are supposed to have been cancelled out when my wife died.
    Me: I'm sorry for your loss. So to make sure I understand correctly, she had some installment plans on her account, the account has been cancelled but the charges for the plans are still there?
    SC: Well I took the other lines to a new account in my name but yes, the plans are still there.
    Me: Wait a moment. So the other lines are still active?
    SC: Yes.
    (I do some poking around and discover yes, the wife's account and SHARP plan have been cancelled and all charges waived as is our policy, as for these other lines...)
    Me: Everything is taken care of on your wife's account, but the installment plan is only cancelled on the line of the deceased, since the other lines are still active on a different account you'll still need to pay them.
    SC: No I won't.
    Me: And why not?
    SC: Well here we go again. Look man, I was told by one of your reps that ALL the installment plan balances from my wife's account would be waived because she was no longer with us.
    Me: I'm very sorry for the misinformation but that's simply not true. The remaining balances on the active lines still stand.
    SC: So you expect me to pay the remaining $842 on these phones?
    Me: Yes. I'm happy to offer you a $75 credit for the confusion though, I know this is a difficult time for you.
    SC: $75? $75?! What kind of an INSULT is $75?!?! You owe me $842 and not a penny less. NOT A PENNY LESS.
    Me: We don't owe you $842.
    SC: Yes you do.
    Me: No, we don't.
    SC: Yes you do!
    Me: No, we don't.
    SC: THAT'S ENOUGH!! IF YOU THINK I WILL LET SOME ASSHOLE LIKE YOU INSULT MY WIFE'S MEMORY BY HOLDING ME HOSTAGE TO THESE FEES YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH SUFFERING I'VE GONE THROUGH??
    Me: I realize this is a difficult time sir but I must ask you to calm down. I'm sorry again about the confusion over the policy and once again I am happy to offer you a credit for the troubles, but--
    SC: NO!! NO BUTS!! I DON'T WANT SOME CREDIT, I DON'T WANT A LITTLE CREDIT, I WANT ALL $842.
    Me: That's not possible.
    SC: You miserable little shit. I am stuck looking after my three kids BY MYSELF now. Do you have any idea how hard it is to feed and clothe three kids all alone?
    Me: I can't even imagine what's that like and I understand you are frustrated but I must ask you to stop using foul language.
    SC: F*CK YOU
    Me: Sir this is your last warning. Do it again and I disconnect the call.
    SC: YOU BETTER NOT! YOU GIVE ME MY MONEY AND YOU GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!
    Me: Once again, that's not possible.
    SC: Well I hope you're happy. I hope you're happy using a DEAD WOMAN to screw me over because of these F**KING FEES!!
    Me: I've already warned you twice sir. I'm sorry again for your loss but since you refuse to stop using foul language I'm ending this call. *CLICK*

He called back and badgered four other managers that day. Needless to say, he's now on our special watchlist for abusive behavior.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 10-16-2015, 06:13 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

So he thinks that because his wife died, Red Checkmark will just give away his kids' phones that they are still using?

Yeah, that's not how it works. As tragic as his wife's death is, Red Checkmark is not obligated to make a donation to her family in the amount of three phones that her kids are still using.

Even money says the wife is still very much with us, and this is the aftermath of a divorce instead. (Dad promised to be on the hook for the kids' phones and doesn't want to pay for them.)

Comment

Me: We don't owe you $842.
      SC: Yes you do.
      Me: No, we don't.Indeed you do, sir.
      FTFME.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

It's amazing to me how many people demand a store/company give them "their" money when, at the moment, the company in question isn't even HOLDING their money, even moreso when the issue is an unpaid bill and the company is still WAITING for the money to even begin to HOLD it so the pissed of sucktomer can even DEMAND to have it back....
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

So.. let me see if I have this straight... if he'd closed all the lines, he'd have been off the hook for all that money? Instead, he decided to transfer the remaining three lines to an account in his name, showing he still intends to use them, and thus still has to pay on the devices?

Umm.... you know, doing without cell service for a few weeks sounds wonderful compared to paying that large an amount.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

My dad passed away a year ago today. I'm sure she had to call a few places to have my dad removed from various accounts, including Pink Mobile. I don't think it ever crossed her mind to ever have her fees removed, if she even had an outstanding balance.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
              Even money says the wife is still very much with us, and this is the aftermath of a divorce instead. (Dad promised to be on the hook for the kids' phones and doesn't want to pay for them.)
              when I worked for the big red a death certificate was required.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

When my dad passed, his late bills and debts were erased. Yet we still agreed to pay for things like electric and trash. Why? Because while clearing out his house, we still needed things like electricity and water and WE were the ones using it.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                X