Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're stealing so yeah it's theft. Accounting wise the loss of the towels can be written off as overhead but personally I would add them to the customer's bill.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
      They're stealing so yeah it's theft. Accounting wise the loss of the towels can be written off as overhead but personally I would add them to the customer's bill.
      One budget hotel I stayed at asked for a deposit for the towels when you checked in. You could swap out for clean during your stay, but you wouldn't get your deposit back until you passed over the laundry bag of towels.

A friend of mine used to just keep the towels as they were good quality and the deposit was cheaper than buying off the shelf. The hotel didn't really lose out either as the deposits were calculated to cover the per unit cost when bought in bulk.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Also whenever people check in super late, this always comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxgIbznAV84
        LOL! I'm super annoyed when pple just walk in late but I don't treat them like that: I don't smoke. Funny stuff though.

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it illegal to steal towels from a hotel? Or do they just write it off?
        Yes. Don't apologize, a lot of people are confused. A hotel is "supposed" to charge for any taken to the person, but it's rare that we do. Many thieves are cash payers so we take photocopies of their IDs. We don't call the police if things are stolen, though, unless it's a TV or chair or table (those cost more.) Usually what happens is manager write if off cuz they're lazy and don't want some banshee ruining their day. I think some people figure that they paid all this money (hotels ARE expensive), so they can help themselves to whatever. Just like they paid all this money, so they can treat the staff like POSs like baldy liar idiot here. THINK AGAIN!!

Update: Well, I sent in the resignation and....no word. My CWs gave me weird looks tonight so maybe....oh well. I'm just going to stick with my delivery job for now, and watch my CC spendings. I hurt my foot earlier this week, so I'll just wait until it heals fully. It's now a greenish color all over and it feels like I'm stepping on rocks barefoot everytime I walk.
        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Um... green is never a good color for an injury. Get thee to a doctor!

Comment

Quoth Seenoevil View Post
            Um... green is never a good color for an injury. Get thee to a doctor!
            I've seen bruises that are a sort of yellowish-green color. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Now, if it starts turning more green over time and not just fading into darkish colors while healing, then, yes, that's bad.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X