This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    Anyone who uses the term "rape" in casual conversation is an asshole.
    Need a LIKE button!

Yeah, that guy was creepy. There is NO reason for a customer to go behind the counter. Who even does that??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Yeah, that guy was creepy. There is NO reason for a customer to go behind the counter. Who even does that??
      Lots of people at my work, all the effing time. I mostly work the cutting counter, which doesn't have registers, so I guess people think that means it's a free for all. A lot of my fellow CWs won't say anything to these people. I don't if they just walk through the area. If they are shopping in our go-back bins, yeah, I ask them to please stop. If they get defensive I tell the truth; it's a safety issue. We are working with scissors, and big bolts of fabric. If one of us turns and whacks the customer, it could come back on the company. I mean, it's not a super comfortable place to be, and if you see something you like, step up and ask to see it. People do it all the time, it takes 5 seconds for me to grab a bolt out of a cart.

As to the guy in the OP. Whaa? Only a true creep would say anything like that, it's scary to think these are part of the general public.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Anyone who uses the term "rape" in casual conversation is an asshole.
        Unless they're talking about the plant from which Canola was developed (and whose oil is not edible due to high levels of oleic and ecruic acids).
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

People (male OR female) who say things like that are either complete assholes doing it for effect, or so ignorant and thoughtless that they don't understand that "I don't know you" applies both ways.

Generic-you may well know that you're a nice, normal guy and the idea that you'd rape/assult/rob/whatever someone is so unlikely that it's a joke.
          But the generic-person that Generic-you is talking to doesn't know you. For all generic-person knows, you're the latest serial killer stalking generic-region.

And yeah. Choir. Preaching to. I am. The.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
            Wow, that's hella weird. I've only had young toddlers do that and when they do, their parents are understanding why we don't want them back there.
            When I was till working we'd occasionally have toddlers behind the register and mostly it was ok. We just told them to move. However, ever once in awhile there'd be one that would push the power button on the register. And if you were lucky it wasn't in the middle of a big order.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
            X