Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get a cell phome screen fixed, or replace.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a cell phome screen fixed, or replace.

Basically my phone lookd likes this:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...crewedPhne.jpg

IT started out as half the screen taken up, after a 6 inch fall off the side of my bed.

but now I can't read it at all.

T-Mpbo;e wamts to cha ge bme $70 - $200 to REPLACE the phone.

It's a Nokia 5300 ximage, something...sorry can't think of the rest

Dowa anyone know how ti go just replacing the screen itself? Also, how much?
    I can pay shipping.
    Last edited by Lingering Grin; 01-03-2009, 01:26 AM.
    <Insert clever signature here>

*SQUINTS*

Hmmmmm.....Aye-YUP! It's Broke!

I dunno, mate. I think you're gonna hafta get the phone replaced.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'd check with Nokia...I've had to get phones repaired on a couple of occasions and they took care of it under warranty NQA. Even if it's not covered damage, I bet they could repair it for less than the replacement cost.
      man...nature...technology
      mensch...natur...technik

Comment

As far as I know, the part is (in Finland atleast) like €25 (approx 30-40 bucks). The job requires a torx screwdriver and some knowledge and I advise you to ask for the price at some authorised service-point. All in all, in Finland the screen replacement costs between €50 and €100 ($80-$140) depending on the phone model and other things. Anyway, i have no idea what a Nokia 5300 costs over there so you need to evaluate the cost of replacement vs the cost of a new phone.

Good luck for getting it fixed! If possible, get a backup to your computer before taking it to get fixed. It MIGHT go under warranty and if it does they most likely will update the phone software -> all personal data not on the memory card will be lost.
        A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Working...
        X