This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winds blew a little too hard today

First off sorry there are NO pic's for this as my low end flip phone camera is just that low end.

Not really road rage not really sightings no SCs involved

I was returning from my first delivery of the shift going south on one of the major roads in my area. As I am slowing down for the red light something strange happens.

Now the winds here have been going fairly steady with gust up to 30MPH for the last 2 days.

There is a red Prius in the left lane and I am in the right. I see the stop light (single pole no overhang something like this except the light is on the right hand side of the road
    )

A gust of wind makes the traffic light pole sway a bit. Not that unusual UNTIL the pole leans over to the left and then

FALLS OVER into the right hand traffic lane. by this time I am slowed down enough that I come to a stop about 20 feet from the now fallen traffic light pole. I decide it might be a good idea to get into the left lane. As I am switching lanes I see the top of the traffic light has come literally within a hairs breath of the red Prius' passenger door. The driver gets out of the car, sees no damage and drives off.

I pull out my cell phone and call 911 as this is a REAL traffic hazard.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

APB for The Big Bad Wolf(ie)!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

! Glad you and the Prius driver were okay!
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
      X