This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIL has a brain tumor!

We just found out yesterday that my MIL has a very large brain tumor. Its size is roughly equal to 1/4 her total brain mass. She's had NO symptoms. This past Friday she noticed some swelling around on temple and went to the doctor yesterday to get it checked out. They did a CT scan and found the tumor. It had eaten through her skull and was pushing against the skin, causing the swelling. She had an MRI today and the doc says there's a good chance that it's benign. She'll be having surgery soon to remove it.

Prayers, postive thoughts, etc please! This has come as a total shock to our entire family.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

I'll be thinking of you both.

Rapscallion

Comment

Sending healing thoughts to your MIL and good thoughts to the rest of your family
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Healing prayers to MIL and the family. Stay Strong.

Comment

Your family is in my prayers.

Comment

Good thoughts and blessings to you.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yikes! That's scary. I hope everything goes well.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wow! I hope everything goes well and that she has a good outcome with a quick recovery. I'll be praying for you all.
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

*offers hugs* Everyone affected by this is in my prayers.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Wow, that's scary! Will be thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best during the surgery.

Comment

Wow how could it grow, eat through her skull, and her have no symptoms? That's scary.

But good luck on that ...sending good thoughts.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

MIL met with the surgeon today. Surgery is scheduled for July 8th. Based on the MRI scans, she's been diagnosed with a tumor of the lining of the brain, which is usually benign. The surgeon said it's most likely been growing for 20 years! Anyway, her prognosis following the surgery is good.
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                        X