Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh for crying out loud (sprained ankle)

I sprained my ankle today while walking the pooch. I'm pretty sure I tore a ligament as I heard something snap.
    Doc made me go for xrays, no breaks or fractures thankfully.

But it's really sore and throbbing like a horny teenager.

Please send booze and Nathan Fillion
    The report button - not just for decoration

sooooo sorry to hear about that iradney......

I can help with the booze.........but sorry nathan fillion is serving me chicken noodle soup in bed today
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I twisted my ankle about a week ago and it hurt slightly for a couple days after that. It's fine now.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Thanks guys

The timing on this is particularly grand, since I'm leaving for Canada on the 9th to visit my parents. HAHAHAHAHAH
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

*hugs you* That sounds painful. *gives you cookies*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

how bad was the sprain? ( you know you have a bad sprain when the doctor is wondering why the ankle isn't broken. Surprisingly, the thing healed up QUICKER than the doctor said it would. ( they said it would need crutches for a month. I could *probably* have ditched the crutches after 3 weeks, but I figured I may as well take it easy for the full month.)

My only advice is to invest in some good ice-packs. ( IIRC, I put them on for 10 minutes each hour when I was awake, it helped a LOT.)

Oh, and follow any advice the doctor's given you about moving the ankle- you need to be careful, as a sprained ankle can affect the range of motion of the ankle, even after it's healed.

(amusing side-note- when my parents came back from returning the crutches, apparently people don't tend to bother returning them. I was wondering why they looked brand new...(they thanked my parents for returning them))

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
              (amusing side-note- when my parents came back from returning the crutches, apparently people don't tend to bother returning them. I was wondering why they looked brand new...(they thanked my parents for returning them))
              *snicker* The Navy hospital just hands out the crutches and does not require/request them back. Rob has 3 sets of wooden and 1 set of aluminum axillary [armpit] crutches, I have an aluminum set of axillary crutches and 2 Canadian [forearm] crutches [a blue set in standard, and a custom set of folders in purple] When our roomie broke her ankle, we had more than enough crutches to keep her supplied [I also have a couple canes, a plain aluminum and a blue/black patterned one.] [It looks just like the one in the middle. My nonfolding canadian crutches didn't cost much more than one of the similar fancy canes at the drugstore, as I remember, something like $35-40US. The custom folder was fairly expensive though, a couple hundred $$.]
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
              X