Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think some people know much about electronics.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think some people know much about electronics.

While at Goodwill, they had a working e-reader (a nook color), since I knew my mom wanted one for a while, but couldn't justify spending around a 100$ on one, I decided to get this one for 35$.

I went to look at what was on it, and the person who had it before, still had there account signed in, and I now know their name, and the last 4 digits of their credit card . Also looking at the past wi-fi connections, at one point was at a hotel in Santa Cruiz.

Assuming that card is still valid, I could have easily used it to buy many apps, ebooks and movies.

I just did a factory reset to remove all personal data, so that personal information is now (hopefully) gone.

All I had to do was read the title of your post and I thought, "Yup!"

Scary how many people don't realize this stuff. I'm fairly clueless about a lot of tech, but even I would know to wipe that stuff before giving that away. Of course I suppose it could be that someone died and a relative gave a bunch of their stuff to Goodwill, and the card might have been cancelled anyway. But maybe not.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good for you, deleting all that personal stuff. Anyone with lesser moral intentions would have used it to glean more personal info, get new cards in their name and buy just about anything.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

talk about a great way to give someone the ability to steal your identity!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X