Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it didn't go as I'd hoped, but went far better than I expected. I will get visitation several afternoons a week and overnights every other weekend, with options on holidays. That's actually far more than I'd dared hope for, considering everything. The young lady is actually okay with that plan. They don't have a home lined up yet, but we also want this transition to be gradual, so a plan was proposed to make sure she's comfortable every step of the way. If I can't have guardianship of her, this is a pretty reasonable alternative.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Happy that you still get to be in her life - to me it sounds like you are important to her.

Also very happy that she is okay with the outcome.

You are an amazing human for doing this.

Comment

Despite the bureaucrat with the thick rulebook deciding that your place wasn't a suitable long-term accommodation for the girl, when she needed help RIGHT NOW, the bureaucrat wasn't there - YOU WERE.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Well part is better than none. Thank you for fighting for her. x
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Thanks. There is another update that I can't say anything about. I will still get visitation and I will still be a part of her life, but it's going to look a little different now. The lower level workers are all supporting me, so I have to hold on to that.

Sometimes, one day at a time is too much. Right now, we're aiming for 15 minute chunks.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Thank all the goodness in our universe that you were there for her. Hug her for me? (I hope that's okay, I just mean..I want her to feel warmed. That's all.)

*hugs and/or cookies & prayers*
              Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 04-23-2015, 08:28 AM.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X