This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight savings started!

Here in South Australia, daylight savings time has started three weeks earlier than usual.

my boss: "I wasn't sure if daylight savings starts tonight or tomorrow night, but I set my clock back this morning just to be sure."
    me: "umm... it actually started last night, and you're supposed to set the clock forward an hour".
    my boss: "Oh. That explains why the eftpos machine time is 2 hours ahead."

teach him this

FALL foward, SPRING back

thats how I remember it
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

aaahh, the CSers down under are hurting my brain... now I don't even remember when Daylight savings goes into effect in the northern hemisphere... (I think our cute saying makes more sense though, spring forward and fall back... good fighting terms )
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I usually remember it as "Hey, you're late to work" and "hey, why are you so early?"

It works for me...
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          aaahh, the CSers down under are hurting my brain... now I don't even remember when Daylight savings goes into effect in the northern hemisphere...
          According to my (American-made) calendar, it ends on November 2nd. Which happens to be when it was meant to start here except they changed it.

Spring forward, autumn back doesn't have the same ring to it.

I remember it by paying attention to the hundreds of media messages saying "Daylight Savings starts next week/tomorrow night/tonight" that we get.

Comment

i never remember unless someone asks me "Do you know what time it is??" or my alarm clock (which happens to be a cell phone) goes off earlier than usual.
            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I remember by thinking "Hey, I get paid an extra hour at work tonight" or "Bastards, they're ripping me off!!!"
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

How do I get paid for that? I work Sundays and get off at 2am.

My supervisor is going to hate it if I go over the time sheet. As a student I'm not allowed to work more than 20 hours on a campus job (I'm obviously a horrid worker since I'd usually come in 15 minutes before he started enforcing it).
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

ohhh yes, daylight savings hell gyahh
                  I wound up waking up later than I thought because I forgot to set my clock back (and I've still forgotten it, my lappy, work clocks etc. are all fine) and was nearly late for work. A few people were late.

EDIT: I've now actually set my clock correctly. It's a Pentel thing that doubles as a pen-holder and is shaped like a man.
                  Last edited by fireheart; 10-13-2008, 03:01 AM.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I forgot to mention, the weekend night shift guy left a note saying "REMEMBER DAYLIGHT SAVINGS STARTS THIS WEEKEND" in the communications book, so I deliberately made him think I'd forgotten by turning up 2 minutes late. (I'm usually 5-10 minutes early)

Comment

I remember the spring when most of Indiana started doing daylight saving time. One friend told me that he was simply going to leave his clocks alone at home, so that he would have an extra hour to prepare for work. I eventually convinced him that his plan would result in his alarm clock going off with a display of x:30 at the same time that work started at x+1:30.

He had actually gotten this plan from a coworker. Because we had that conversation the weekend of the time change, he wasn't able to communicate the truth of the matter until his coworker arrived at work Monday morning. Late, of course.

Comment

I live in one of two places in North America that doesn't observe daylight savings. We laugh at your clock fumbling brain burps (but then immediately make our own when we have to guess the time at most other locations in the world :P)
                        Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

One of the benefits of living in AZ! I hate the idea of daylight savings. Nobody can even give a valid reason as to why it is even practiced anymore. Farming? Nope. More daylight? Not really. Write to your congress person and see if we can get it stopped.
                          It is not fun having to adjust my work schedule for the rest of the country.
                          I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                          -The Amazing E
                          Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Easiest way for me to remember it is this:

Spring - I lose an hour's sleep
                            Fall - I get to sleep in an extra hour.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wanderingjoe72 View Post
                              One of the benefits of living in AZ! I hate the idea of daylight savings. Nobody can even give a valid reason as to why it is even practiced anymore.
                              Actually, they're mostly going of some old studies (70's for the most part) that indicate it saves energy. Supposedly a lot of it. Whether that's still true, or if there's more recent studies, I'm not sure.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X