Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It fades the cows and confuses the curtains!

Comment

I was actually glad when all of Indiana went to DST. For several years I lived in a county that didn't observe DST and went to school, worked and shopped in a county that did. It was very confusing, esp. when my husband worked in the same county we lived in, so he worked on "slow time" and I worked on "fast time" (slow and fast time was how they referred to EDT and EST around here). It took years for them to actually get it changed because too many of the population believed that standard time was "God's time" and didn't want it messed with, plus all the farmers said it messed with the animals and getting their chores done. A bunch of them are saying they won't vote to re-elect the Governor because he let them get that "Stupid daylight savings time". I know my in-laws hated it because they like to go to bed early and having the TV stations an hour ahead (since they were based in Louisville KY) let them watch their shows and get to bed early.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Easiest way for me to remember it is this:

Spring - I lose an hour's sleep
        Fall - I get to sleep in an extra hour.
        Or, for us night-shifters...an extra hour's work in fall, a short night in spring...

*is not looking forward to the upcoming time change and a 13-hour shift for that night*

Comment

Working...
        X