This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As promised, cake photos

Here be photos of the wedding and groom's cakes I did for my hubby's cousin. Wedding was Saturday.

Vanilla butter cake with fresh strawberry filling and iced with whipped cream. The big red G is for Georgia State.

Alternating layers of devil's food and white chocolate cake (2 layers of each in each tier) with dark chocolate ganache filling and two layers of raspberry-Chambord filling. White chocolate Italian meringue buttercream. Covered in fondant. Decorations are hand-piped and painted using royal icing, leaves and flowers cut from fondant, and silver dragees.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Very nice!
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Both look and sound YUMMY! Though i do have to admit, when i saw the first cake, the G looked like a 6 to me. But that's just me.
      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
        Both look and sound YUMMY! Though i do have to admit, when i saw the first cake, the G looked like a 6 to me. But that's just me.
        I see what you're seeing, now that you mention it. I think tha it's just the angle of the photo, though.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Gorgeous!

They sound delicious too.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

*drools* Cake...pretty pretty pretty cake.
            That is beautifully done.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

*wipes drool of the monitor*

I'm going to the store ona cake run, who's with me?

also AWESOME CAKES!
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Very Nice!!!

Also, now I want cake as well and am in for any cake runs.
                We ask ourselves when we get in a fix, what would Popeye do in a tight spot like this? He'd race for his true love and easily win it, in an old spinach can with a mast stuck in it. -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

CAKE? Cakecakecakecakecake....

(And ice cream, too?)

Those are gorgeous. Yummy!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Darn it, now I want some combo of chocolate and raspberries. And, if I EVER get married, will you do my cake? That one is absolutely gorgeous. And I never even cared much about having a cake at all!
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Darn it, now I want some combo of chocolate and raspberries. And, if I EVER get married, will you do my cake? That one is absolutely gorgeous. And I never even cared much about having a cake at all!
                      Sure, but you'll have to come to the South Atlanta area to get hitched.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Pretty cakes! *drools* And they sound so delicious.

I love the design on the wedding cake.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                          I see what you're seeing, now that you mention it. I think tha it's just the angle of the photo, though.
                          The "bar" on the "G" is not suppose to go all the way across.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UGA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	2029859

Be careful. Saying that a "Dawg" went to Georgia State will get you bit. I got an ear full one time for asking "Didn't you go to Tech?"
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                            The "bar" on the "G" is not suppose to go all the way across.
                            Oops! I'm not really that familiar with the local sports logos as I'm from NC and I don't give a flip for sports. Also, the print out they gave me to use had a dog over the middle of the G so I couldn't tell where it ended. My hubby's not into sports, either, so he didn't notice. No one at the wedding said anything either, so that's good.

I'll remember that for the future, though. Thx!

Quoth csquared View Post
                            Be careful. Saying that a "Dawg" went to Georgia State will get you bit. I got an ear full one time for asking "Didn't you go to Tech?"
                            Ok. GA Tech is the hornet, right?

I get GA State (is there a school named as such?) and U of GA mixed up cause in my head the names are the same (and, yes, I know the U of NC is not the same as NC State, BUT there are many U of NCs, each designated by the city it's in, UNC-CH (Chapel Hill), UNC-G (Greensboro), UNC-C (Charlotte), UNC-A(Asheville), and so on...so that's how that stays straight).

At least I didn't do what I did on another cousin's cake one time (I had plenty of time to fix it and I did and he thought it was a practical joke anyway, so it all turned out okay). I got the Auburn and Alabama teams mixed up. The cake was supposed to have the Alabama logo on it and I put the Auburn one on it, because somehow I was thinking they were the same school (I know now they're not, although Auburn is IN Alabama). Ugh. I hate football.
                            Last edited by 42_42_42; 04-01-2011, 12:26 AM.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                              No one at the wedding said anything either, so that's good.
                              Then you are safe for now

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                              Ok. GA Tech is the hornet, right?
                              Yellow Jackets. Calling them a Hornet will get you stung.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                              I get GA State (is there a school named as such?) and U of GA mixed up cause in my head the names are the same
                              Yes, there is a GA State - GSU, not to be confused with Georgia Southern University.

GA State Panthers
                              UGA Bulldogs (Dawgs)

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                              At least I didn't do what I did on another cousin's cake one time (I had plenty of time to fix it and I did and he thought it was a practical joke anyway, so it all turned out okay). I got the Auburn and Alabama teams mixed up. The cake was supposed to have the Alabama logo on it and I put the Auburn one on it, because somehow I was thinking they were the same school (I know now they're not, although Auburn is IN Alabama). Ugh. I hate football.
                              Wow! Do you have nine lives?

I am not a college football fan myself. However, I use to work in an office that was owned by a GT alumni, had at least 5 UGA fanatics, along with Auburn, Alabama & Clemson. Mondays during college football season were brutal.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X