This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Lyger View Post
    The Last-Ditch Effort: Once disciplinary action has been taken or is about to be taken against this particular SC, such as being banned from a store or having services shut off, they will immediately apologize profusely and protest about how they're really truly sorry and didn't mean it and they were only kidding, even going to the point of tears about how they really need this service so please please please PLEASE, let them stay, trying to guilt their way into staying.
    Are you sure this individual is really only sorry that they got caught?

Comment

• Quoth Dips View Post
      The Sexist of Convenience This specimen is doubtful that my female self will be able to help him or her and asks to talk to a man. However, when the Sexist of Convenience finds out that said man is busy and there will be a wait to speak with him, my ability to help with the problem magically increases.
      I've had a couple of those come in before. It is quite funny when he asks if there are any male waiters and I inform him that no, there are only waitresses in this restuarant and his face turns a nice shade of red.

The Country Clubers: The people who come in laughing that generic ha ha ha laugh like the rich people in cartoons, sit at table clearly not cleaned off yet, complain about it not being cleaned (even though it was clearly not ready for people ex. dishes still on it, tip still there, washrag on the edge of the table)then reluctantly get up and take another table. Then, complain about their food not being prepared the way they wanted it(even though they don't tell you just how they want it). YOu take it back, and they still don't like it,but except it anyway and eat it all. They try to pay with credit cards, even though we don't have a credit card machine (small town, old fashioned store, c'mon man!) then shell out a $50 for a $15 meal, then ask directions to the nearest country club because they're from way out of town, then proceed to brag about how much money they have as they leave. And, much to my surprise, look! There's no tip! Thank you and I hope you all die going over the overpass on your way out!
      Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

• One that's been bugging me...

I thought of this the other day...

The Mommy Mall Rat: Much like teenagers, these moms hang around the mall all day, the same day, every week. They often have multiple young. Usually one in a stroller, the other around 2 or 3 years of age. They always come in pairs. They hang around, let their kids play with everything and anything, talk and block the aisles with their aircraft carrier strollers. Of course, their hellspawn wreck the store, but the mommy mall rat can't be bothered with the trivial task of picking up after them. These specimens never spend a penny in your store, yet will insist upon what great customers they have always been. After hanging around for some absorbitant length of time, they will finally leave and terrorize another vendor.

I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

• Somedays I hate College Students...

Please Do My Homework for Me: Calls in around Mid-terms and finals seeking tutorials on how to do something. Come to find out that they want you to complete their project for them. "Yea, I need to edit this video and cut it down to 3.5 minutes or I fail my class."

But Classes start tomorrow: Calls in the day before classes start with a PC that has been down all summer, when you give them the date for the part replacement they whine endlessly over the fact that they need the computer working for the start of classes the next day.

What save button?: Another SC that calls in around mid-terms or finals. Has spent the past 4 hours typing up there report and never bothered to hit save. Now the system locks up and they are S.O.L. (Auto-recovery is never on) Bonus Points to those who ask for a supervisor and complain about the lousy service you provided.
          Tell me, "Who lit the fuse on your Tampon?"

Comment

• Quoth Tithera View Post
            brag about how much money they have as they leave. And, much to my surprise, look! There's no tip!
            That reminds me of this customer:

The Big-Money-Haver:

Big-Money-Havers spend a lot of time and effort letting people know how rich they are and how much money they have. They do this because they are under the impression that the mere having of money will get them better service than other customer who don't have as much money. The Big-Money-Haver doesn't understand that he needs to transform himself into a Big-Money-Spender before he can expect better service. Big-Money-Spenders also tend to be nicer then Big-Money-Havers, which also helps them get better service.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

• Hotel style.

Jedi Mind Trick: "You don't need my identification." Or their phone number, or their credit card information. Cross-referenced under previously mentioned "Conspiracy Theorists"

Somebody messed up and it's YOUR FAULT.: You get this when a third party has given the guest faulty information. Yes, they got the runaround. Yes, this is either not your hotel or you spent an inordinate amount of time finding us. Why are you yelling at me and why am I lumped in with "YOU PEOPLE"?

Ofcoursethere'snotahookerinmycar!: They ask for and paid (less) for a room for one person. And they need to "check" with somebody and request two keys, possibly two beds.

Midnight Scammer: They've been in the room for hours, but only NOW call to complain about something, i.e. smoking when they asked for non, single when they asked for a double, part of the WALL is missing, the room is full of "animals", et cetera. Managers are made to be awakened in the wee hours.

I'm too old and crotchety to make these new fangled card keys work: And they'll come back five or six times to proove it to me. The keys have arrows and picture directions on the back. Don't make me cry...

I am TOO a guest!: Usually either homeless or VERY sketchy locals who try to convince me that they're a guest and I should let them get breakfast. Will to to load up a tray with food while I'm arguing. Sometimes have a friend on the inside so they have a room number and a name, sometimes claim to be from a room we don't even have.

You unlocked the door for me therefore the lobby is mine: Will adjust my music, expect the full breakfast to be laid out at fifteen 'til six (when we open at seven) and sit at a table, watching me, when I won't jump to get out what they demand.

Comment

• A common one for me...

The Piercing Pervert: He's typically somewhere in the range of 50-112, and whenever he notices your facial piercings, will ask you derrogatory questions like, "How do you kiss your boyfriend with that thing?" or, "Does your boyfriend like that?" or, "How does that feel "

Comment

• The Million Dollar Grandma: The older person who has bought the latest and greatest whizz-bang gadgetry... but have no clue how to use it... but does know how to find someone who does. Sometimes, these people are a pleasure to talk to... other times, you feel than age restrictions ("You must not be able to remember a time before electric lights, automobile or English occupation of American soil in order to purchase these devices") would not be out of place...
                  In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

Comment

• The Lottery Guy: In response to "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" at the end of each call, heasks the most over-used "joke" in our call center: "How bout those winning lottery numbers?" One variation on this is "How bout a hundred/thousand/million dollars in a box?" Because if I had either, I would obviously still be working here.

Exactly! I had a customer like that. He was usually a pain in the @$$ to get the order, then when I finished, I say, "Anything else today?" and he says "the winning lottery tickets" EVERY F**KING TIME!! That joke wasn't funny the first time he said it, and it sure isn't funny the 6,000,000th time he said it.

Phone Tricksters: Obviously, you only deal with these people if you have a job in which people make orders over the phone. I've gotten a lot of these people at Domino's. First, they call to make an order. I get their address and discover that they are out of the delivery area. I inform them of that and try to find the correct place. If I can't do that, I tell them where to call to find out. After hearing this, the customer will call right back and make the order for the EXACT SAME ADDRESS after I had already told them that we do not deliver there. The reason they do that is in hopes that someone else will answer the phone and agree to deliver there. If they succeed in tricking someone, we just end up calling them back to tell them that we don't deliver there, so they lose either way. What sucks about that is that it is a way for CSRs to get into trouble.

PITA Customers: In case you don't know, that stands for pain in the ass. These people will make an order, which usually takes a long time since they are indecisive. What sucks is these people usually show up when we are extremely busy and don't have time for BS. After the order is placed, they change their minds. Next, they will look at some other deal and discuss it with their friends (they usually arrive in groups). They do this very loudly, so it's difficult for the employee to do his/her job. Later on, they end up changing the order again because they feel that they can get a better price. Of course, the pizza is already in the oven, but their responses are "I don't mind." Yeah, well we do. WTF are we supposed to do with the extra pizza?

You screwed up last time customers: These people come in, and inform us about how we screwed up their order last time (usually, it was a good long while ago), but are willing to give us another chance. A lot of times, they got the wrong food because their order was unclear. Some of them ask for discounts and some don't. When the food arrives, they open the boxes and check everything they received for mistakes. All the CSRs can do at this point is pray to the God that they are happy.

I have all day customer: These people are extremely slow, indecisive, and their phones are at a very low volume so it's very difficult to hear them. First, they want to know all of the specials. Bonus points if they tell you to slow down because they couldn't understand you. Next, they tell of the specials to their friends. After hearing the specials, the proper thing to do would be to call back when you've decided, but not these people. After wasting your time making you say all of the specials, they don't even use one After finally making the order, you give them the price, then they sound outraged and say "but I have a coupon! How can it be that high?" Apparently, we all have the abilities to see these things over the phone. After that's finally taken care of, you think you are home free, but they have to pay with credit. This would be alright if they didn't give us the number like we are retarded. These orders take around 4-5 minutes when most orders are supposed to be under one.
                    Last edited by PizzaBoy; 06-07-2007, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• I've worked as a grocery store bagger, a bookseller, and I'm currently working a (hopefully) temporary job in fast food. Here are the variety of SCs I've had to deal with through the years:

The Leech: This customer will ask you for one thing, you cheerfully give it to him/her... and then they decide to make you their personal bitch for the rest of the day. For instance, in my fast food job, someone will come up to me and ask for ketchup packets. I give them what I think is an acceptable amount, but they accuse me of cheating them (yeah, I'm cheating them out of FREE ketchup packets) and demand more. So I give them more. Then they will, out of the blue, ask for sauce for their chicken. I give it to them. Then they ask for a complimentary cup for water, and then, and then, and then....

The Weak-Minded Lemming: During my bookseller days, about 98% of my customers only read books that were either shown on Oprah or The Today Show. I swear to God, these people would never read a book on their own free will. All day long, I hear this dreaded question,

"Uh, I'm looking for this book, I don't know the title or the author, but it was on Oprah..."

What the hell is the matter with you people?! If Oprah or Matt Lauer told you to kill your neighbors, would you do it?? I highly recommend the book 1984 by George Orwell. No, Oprah's never had on her show, but for all that's good and holy, read it anyway!!

The Sally: Named after Meg Ryan's anal retentive character from When Harry Met Sally..., minus the lovable side. These thoughtless bean-counters will gladly hold up lines just to make sure their demands are met, whether it's how their groceries are bagged (paper in plastic, all the perishables in one, all things starting with "M" in a separate bag..."). Or they will run a long list of how they want their meals arranged (onions on the side, no ice in my drink, meat, bun, and sauce fresh, such and such toy for kid's meal). Needless to say, "thank you" isn't part of their vocabulary.

The Discount-Beggers: These are perfectly well-off people who think nothing of asking for random discounts. I kid you not. I once had this one girl ask for some books, and then asked in all seriousness if we "gave discounts". Why, of course, darling, I'll risk my job and this store's financial future and give you 99% discount, 'cause you seem like such a darn nice person who just happens to be cheap!!
                      You can't afford our books? Cry me a fucking river! Go to a library, morons!

The Panic-Mongerers: These people love, love, LOVE to expect the worst from the lowly retail peons. If one thing on their order is rung up incorrectly, instead of politely pointing it out, they will rant and scream to the MOD about how "they overcharged me! This shouldn't be on here!"
                      They never assume that it was an honest mistake, they live in this paranoid fantasy where everyone is trying to cheat them. Sounds funny, but I've seen co-workers reduced to tears over this.

The Creepy Guy Looking for a Date: This always happens to me (grumble). I have this magnet in my brain that attracts unstable creeps who want to ask me out, despite the engagement ring on my finger (thank you, and my fiancee is awesome). I once had a minute long conversation with a customer (hey, I'm friendly) and weeks later he called me ,at work ,to ask me out!! I didn't even remember this guy! I could only sputter out that I was engaged and that I couldn't go. Never heard from him again, but I also had this one guy lurking outside my mall bookstore watching me! I had to have mall security walk me to my car! How do these people find me??

The Stereotypical Suburban Mom: They wear their official uniforms of velour tracksuits, white baseball caps, and ponytails. They have a cellphone and car keys in one hand, and a Starbucks cup of coffee in the other. And they think nothing of letting their poorly behaved children run around the store and making God-awful messes. Grrr.
                      Last edited by Ree; 06-18-2007, 02:00 PM.
                      "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Over where I work it's more like this:

SC: I'd like cashback, please.
                        Me: How much?
                        SC: £100 please.
                        Me: Sorry, we only go up to £50.
                        SC: I got it last week!
                        Me: Sorry, but our tills only allow up to £50.
                        SC: Fine, £50 then. *sulks*

We have cashpoints outside, that is the really dumb thing about this. How hard is it to walk outside? I shall name this person the "Cashback Moron" and add them to the list.
                        Can't they just split their orders and do one item for £50 cash back, and another order for another £50?

Comment

• A common breed...

I got one breed of SCs...

The Loafers - Indecisive, slow, and the only people in the world as far as they are concerned. They take a cart and always, always, manage to not only walk so slow that even my grandmother (with bad knees) would walk faster with her cane(s), but they also manage to block the whole isle by walking in the middle. They pause, they ponder, they evaluate, they take a breather and won't stand aside for anyone, not even for a store employee with a trolley full of heavy goods ready to be shelved. When they do stand aside, they manage to somehow take up at least half of the space before the shelves while they browse, oft from the exact spot your produce is supposed to be.

Very common around here...

Comment

• The I-Think-I'm-Intimidating Folk: I have a large golden plated watch, and a silk tie. My hair is a fashionable tousle and my trousers are striped with white. My belts matches my shoes and cuffs, and I'll bet you'll never hear me talk to those beneath my station. Go get your manager, feeble peon! I shan't allow such an unworthy curr to hear my fattening pizza order.

Comment

• Airport Parking SC's

"I will miss my flight": Drives up very fast, Screams "There's no place to park and my flight leaves in 5 minutes"
                              Well I'm sorry (In my mind "Maybe next time you could leve early enough to park and go through security and make the flight. They have only been announging for (X amount of time since 9/11) to check in 2 hours early. Oh by the way the plane taxis away from the gate 5 min. before flights at this Airport", (yes I've asked CSR's employees of most of the airlines).

"Hold the Plane" (one sighting)...
                              SC running across the sidewalk 200+ feet from end of Terminal Building Yelling "Hold My Plane" as a jet is being pushed back from the end of the jetway.

"What do you mean I'm over the free time?"
                              Learn to read your watch. 30 min. is 30 min. not an hour and a half

"I didn't read the sign."
                              Well the 10 foot X 10 foot (100 sq. feet) sign with 1 foot high safety yellow sign is at EVERY enterance to this lot.

"But my Credit card worked at _____."
                              Yes, but it is not working here,
                              Variation
                              "Well run it again "
                              And it will be declined again

OH Well a bad day at the parking lot Still beats a good day at the nursing home!
                              Meeeeoooow.....
                              Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• The Happy Babbler: Has the amazing ability to describe everything in his house that he just bought from you (and does so, repeatedly) without ever getting to the question that he obviously has. Always friendly, but be prepared to spend a half an hour on the phone before he ever gets to the point.

The Illiterate: Doesn't bother to read the PIN pad to see what its asking, but swipes his card over and over. Looks at you blankly when you explain that's not what it wants, and then swipes the card four or five more times before handing it to you to try.

Gift Card Freak: I have had this happen to me, I swear to god. Pulls out fifty or sixty gift cards to pay for a thousand dollar purchase, each one for twenty dollars or less. WTF?
                                Last edited by EclipseDragon986; 07-11-2007, 04:54 AM.
                                Every Time I help a customer, I feel dirty inside.

Also cold and wet.

Sticky, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X