This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee.....should've said hi here earlier....yet another update

Hey all, long time no post! Just been reading a lot - haven't had much to say though.

I was student-teaching full time (8th graders) as well as doing some tutoring at a nearby tutoring center. I've finally learned what these "learning centers" are all about: $$$. Basically you just give worksheets and the students learn on their own. Handling higher math was a slightly different story, since you actually had to teach it to the student. But my main focus was student-teaching.......had a wonderful mentor and it all went very well......with my classes throwing me goodbye parties on the last day......it was kind of sad, but the day had to come.

With about two weeks left in student-teaching, I got a call from one of the schools I interviewed with. They offered me a job, and summer employment as well, so next month i'm moving to the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia!

I'm also closing in on getting a brand new PT cruiser. I'm told they're "unsexy" but I've always thought they're neat, and reasonably priced. Also good for a first car, and practical. My first brand-new car (first car i've ever owned that's made in this century as well ). My '92 Civic will go to my sister if she ever gets her act together and learns to drive.

Overall, i'm nervous but excited. Nervous about moving 4 1/2 hours away from home (although I did live at camp last summer, I was home every other weekend).

I'll still be on CS, just from a different location! Catch ya'll later!

Good luck with everything, and congratulations on the job.

It was so great to see a post from you. It's been a while.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
    X