Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Friday I'm cashiering for 5 1/2 hours in the evening, so it won't be too bad. I might be hurting from the volume of scanning, though, so I'll take meloxicam instead of ibuprofen that day for good measure. And I have tramadol at home to knock me out after. Planning ahead: it's a good thing. [/Martha Stewart]
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My new job is in a state-run liquor store, so we're closed on Thanksgiving, but I'll be working Black Friday - thankfully though we don't open until 9am.
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I've only been out shopping ONCE on Thanksgiving and only because the roommate needed something right then and there. Otherwise, it would've been a four-day wait and neither one of us could wait that long for it.

At one job, employees are strictly volunteer only. At the other, we're closed -- no and's, if's, or but's. So, I have all day Turkey Day off, the majority of BF off, and don't have to be in until late Friday -- so I'm hoping that by the time I roll in, everyone will either be long gone or just finishing up.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Good post on the (hopefully rising) backlash.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-w...b_4310109.html

Comment

Schedule is now posted. I'm working 3 pm to 1 am Thursday into Friday. I'm expecting an absolute clusterfuck.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't have to worry about the Black Friday nonsense, but my husband works for Walmart. He has to work on Thanksgiving and they are starting their sales at 6pm that day. Luckily he works in dairy and will be able to avoid the crazy SCs on both Thursday and Friday.

Comment

Irv, a 10-hr shift?? Ugh.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

After the 11-hour shifts I worked last week slinging freight (and possibly another one tonight if everything goes pear-shaped), 10 hours will be a walk in the park.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Found out today we're open at our regular time for bf. Closed tday. I will be out, but its to go have a gossip session with a friend

Comment

GM refuses to open one store in Indiana on Thanksgiving day, is fired for it.

http://gawker.com/pizza-hut-gm-fired...ork-1472531075

Comment

There are NO WORDS!
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                          GM refuses to open one store in Indiana on Thanksgiving day, is fired for it.
                          Was popping in to post this myself. Good on him. Sent a FB PM to some hoosier friends to start networking him a new job.

Comment

Aaaaand this thread was long dead, but I thought it'd be appropriate to post this here. Thanks, Tim Hortons!

http://imgur.com/j0KOCdS

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                              Thanks, Tim Hortons!
                              Funny and sad. I'm going to naively/optimistically hope that the store owners (franchisers?) are doing the hours themselves, but I'm sure I'm deluding myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X