Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time in a long time I am not looking forward to Christmas. I am making all of my presents this year, 19 blankets. 13 are jelly roll quilts. I have A LOT sewing to do.

Also my in laws are moving, all of them, parents and sister & brother. Parents moving to new house and SIL & BIL are moving into their house. before Christmas.

Just shoot me know.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I still love the holidays. I already decorated my cube at work. :-)
      Attached Files
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        I still love the holidays. I already decorated my cube at work. :-)
        Joni did a song a few years ago about a Cactus Tree...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I still look forwards to the holidays. One good thing is that, for the second year in a row, I do NOT have to work Black Friday at Random Craft Store but at the Warehouse. However, I really don't care at all.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Me, though I'm not dreading it as much as when I worked for the Big Apple. Supermarkets in the holiday season are insane as many of you can attest. You can only be screeched at by some poorly prepared harpie because the store has no hams left at 5pm on Christmas eve so many times.

On the one hand, Joy as we shut down the taxi service over Christmas and boxing day. On the other, Boo, as I have yet to start my shopping and I'm not looking forward to the crowd.

Speaking of, why is it that people in shops insist on trying to walk through other people, instead of going around them or excusing themselves?

Edit: Oh right, Black Friday. It's not a thing here in Oz, despite the efforts of a select, stupid few who are trying to make it so. Good Luck to all who have to put up with the insanity. I'll have fresh baked cookies waiting here for the survivors.
            Last edited by Cranky Cabbie; 11-21-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I wasn't. I hate my mother in laws. 6 very handicapped add foster kids and she sits on her ass while wife and I do everything (last year she bailed to shop somewhere halfway through dinner so we had to finish that too)

But! Now I'm working day shift on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and probably nights on New Years!!!!!!

No mother in laws and a $7-8,000 check after the holidays. I've been saved!

Comment

In between the massive trucks, the seasonal co-non-workers who either don't show up for work or don't do any work, the managers running around in circles flailing their arms, and the needy, pestering customers, I'm going to be reaaaaaal glad when Christmas comes and goes.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X