Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of unfair that I'm not allowed to wear my coat...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    ... about 50, and people were wearing full-on coats.
    Depends what you're wearing under the coat

Depends...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Early black Friday I was cold-ish. But the lowest it got was 50s.

It was nice out. Weather keeps changing, sadly.

Comment

I wonder if you work for the same security firm that my gf does. She is in Missouri where it gets COLD!!! She has a work issued warm sweater she can wear and I think a coat as well.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          I wonder if you work for the same security firm that my gf does. She is in Missouri where it gets COLD!!! She has a work issued warm sweater she can wear and I think a coat as well.
          Different posts have different uniforms; some have the shirt, tie, pants, some are more like khakis and a polo. At least the cotton will keep me warmer than the polyester!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

If you're there when he comes in, could you say, "hey, you said no personal coats to and from work!!"?

Comment

Gonna add one more vote for "none of his damn business what coat you wear off the clock." Take it up with HIS boss, if nothing else.
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I always thought that the first thing you wanted to do when off the clock was hide it? And that coat certainly should hide the largest portion of it. There shouldn't be any reason for it to cause problems, unless he wants to have to pay you as SCs demand you help them with security issues.. when you're already off the clock.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Being warm and in good health is a helluva ALOT MORE important than the coat looking professional. If you get sick, real sick, and you have to stay home, where does that leave the boss??
                  NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I work in security too and my boss is the same way. If we're on the clients' property we're not allowed to wear our own coats. My boss's reasoning is that if we run into one of the clients' employees then they won't know if we're on or off the clock, being in proper uniform is also one of his big pet peeves.

But our company provides a coat that I think is fairly nice. It's waterproof and has a removable liner so it can either be used as a thick winter jacket, or a more lightweight one. We also have company provided stocking hats and baseball hats. Our regular uniforms are just button up shirts with the company logo on the sleeve, and we can either wear short or long sleeves, and we can wear a shirt under it provided it's either white, gray or black, so in our case I don't think our boss is being unreasonable about it.

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
                      But our company provides a coat that ....being unreasonable about it.
                      And that's the crux of the matter right there.
                      If Lill's company provided proper attire to go with their policy it would (mostly) offset the inconvenience of being identifiable as a security employee off the clock. To me it's like a construction job not allowing steel-toed boots. It's just plain unreasonable.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty nuts.

Where did you get that coat? I seriously want one, that thing's gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                        X