This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Why I Love My Coworkers Thread

I thought this would be a fun way to focus on the positive, kind of an opposite of COC. I appreciate A because she makes me laugh about otherwise upsetting incidents. For example, a couple of weeks ago a mngr was talking about her to a sup , and she & I both overheard him say that A likes to "look busy" instead of actually working. That was unfair and not true. She gets a lot done and helps everyone out. So she started the joke "Just make sure you don't look busy. Don't do anything." I'll often tell her that I got caught looking busy. Oops!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Another A story: twice already sucktomers have gotten angry that I couldn't lift their heavy stuff, & the one today told me I was rude and didn't know how to do my job. A was present for the shout-down I suffered. At the end of the night I rang A up and she scanned her pack of gum herself (to be quick) & joked "I'm going to do your job for you." I picked it up right away with, "Yeah, I don't know how to do it." She made me laugh with "I don't think you can lift this." The other customers were all o.O but A made me feel better. And she always helps me with stuff thst's too heavy. She's a gem.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I love S because she always make me see the best in people. Even if they're SCs, she'll come up with some "story" about why their life sucks so much that they have to be a SC to the poor retail clerk. That's a hard thing to keep in mind, and she does it without even thinking about it! She's so positive, friendly, and helpful (not to say that she doesn't blow off steam, she does, but she always tries to look for the positive in people).

Comment

I have D- well, she isn't a coworker anymore. She is a sfl (manager without being one). But she is amazing in every way. She has helped me out by getting me food or a drink. She listens to my problems. We had some issues but we got over them. She also works at a hair salon. She cut my hair when I initially got it cut short.

Then theres P- Motherly type. She has also helped out. I babysay her kid once so I can get extra money. I was really struggling at the time. She gave me the money before. Also, when my card was declined (perfect timing, was going on vacation) she paid for what I was getting. I paid her back when I could.

T- her and I had some issues here or there. But shes been better in her attitude. We talk, a lot. Usually about the way the company is going and our managers can be useless at times (they are great in some aspects, not all).

E- very laid back. Caring, does her job well. Thankful for me being there when I can. I am an organizer in my job. I don't like clutter when working. I try to work on some of the organizing of the cosmetic section. I spent a full shift doing so. It sucked. She was happy about that.

Comment

cashier - I can see why you'd love 'E.' Not enough people appreciate organization - it take time and skill but too often looks like goldbricking.

For me - hands down, outRAGEous senses of humour. We work a factory type job for restaurant wages (Woot! for worst of both worlds!) and about the only thing that keeps us going is that no topic is off limits for humour. It would be well beyond the pale for most crews and circumstances, but 9 times out of 10 we go home pretty cheerful. We've been pretty fortunate that most people have fit in in that regard.

Comment

R keeps the ship afloat and on an even keel. Checks up on special orders, assistant manager for our sister store, makes sure we get paid, orders coffee for the Keurig. Boss loves him, too. Boss once said if if he told R there was too much snow on the roof of the building and he asked him to shovel it off, R would only ask two questions: Where's the shovel? Where is the stairway to the roof?

Comment

Working...
            X