This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Transaction is Complete

The other day, I got a customer who got some groceries. She ended up paying with a food stamp card and the whole order went through. She tried to hand me cash to pay for her groceries and I had to let her know (even showed her on the receipt) that her order was done and she didn't owe anymore. I couldn't get through to her so I called the FEM to help out. The FEM had me start the next customer while she tried to get through to the customer that her transaction was complete. Eventually, the FEM and another coworker got the customer to leave my register so I could continue with the customers in line.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 12-13-2013, 08:46 AM.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

That's an interesting twist to the usual food stamps post!
    Maybe something's covered now that didn't use to be?

Comment

As far as I remember, the entire transaction was food stamp eligible. She probably thought she didn't have enough on her card to cover the whole amount (or something like that).
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

I once got a customer who paid by credit card, then insisted on giving me cash. I couldn't get through to her and neither could FEM. She finally tossed the money on the counter and left (with the receipt showing the card had gone through). What makes it even more WTF is that she had to sign the CC slip.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Could she have been an older woman with maybe some sort of mental issue? Like either a disability or memory issue? Otherwise, I can see being stoned on meds as a good excuse too.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Another possibility is that she' was either a new recipient or had just moved from a different state. There are things that are covered in some states but not others like certain deli and bakery items. She could have thought that she had something that wasn't covered.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
            X