X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployed again.

Yeah.

My hotel was bought by the guy who owns two of the other nearby hotels, and we are closing until the summertime.

Which means that they won't need a Night Auditor for a while.

So, in the mean time, I'll file for unemployment and look for another job.

I'll still be around, just not working in CS for a bit.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Why are they having it closed for so long?

Comment

To be perfectly honest, the hotel needs a TON of work. I'm not goin' into detail, but I will be truly surprised if the hotel does open in time for summer.

That's if it's not torn down and a new one built in it's place.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

But when it does you'll be back?

Comment

Maybe, possibly.

If I don't find another job in the meantime.

SC

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
            To be perfectly honest, the hotel needs a TON of work. I'm not goin' into detail, but I will be truly surprised if the hotel does open in time for summer.

That's if it's not torn down and a new one built in it's place.

SC
            I've worked at places like that... I'm pretty sure at least one place will make an excellent parking lot when one of the nearby successful hotels decides to expand.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

"Hey, Merry Christmas, staff! Now, enjoy your screwjob for the next 6 months!"
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Eugh, that sucks >_<

Definitely try and do what you can to get another job or whatever else you gotta do. there's no telling when or if the place will re-open, or if they will conveniently "forget" about their old employees when they do. After all, new hires are cheap, experienced ones are not.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Aren't auditors kinda specialized in their work? Maybe you should point out to them that it'd be difficult for them to hire a new auditor every year when the old one has already moved on, and that maybe they could make some part-time room for you in their other hotels?

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    Aren't auditors kinda specialized in their work
                    :/ Not really? You don't usually even need any experience to be hired as an auditor. It's just a glorified name for an overnight desk clerk.

Comment

Working...
                    X