This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That soft thumping is back...

One of the fun things I get to deal with in my job is vendors. Basically, AP/AR has nothing to do with vendors we use, including national vendors. Why, I don't know, but they don't. It's each individual offices' responsibility to handle disputes.

So the past couple of days I've been dealing with the company that we rent our meter from - and I'm thisclose to chucking the damned thing off the roof. Not because it doesn't work, but because they cut us off from our credit line for advancing postage to the meter. The problem was discovered Monday when I went to answer the request for inspection. I discovered no balance available to advance and found it odd.

Connected with a contact in AP and asked if they knew why. Said no, gave me the number to call and find out that apparently the payments haven't been made. Odd, so I request statements and send them off for research to my contact Monday afternoon.

I connect with the contact to today to find out what's going on. We have paid our account. In fact, we paid one month TWICE and no one noticed. Until now. We in fact have a credit according to their records in AP/AR.

Cue me thumping my head against the wall because contacting this company has been a literal pain in the ass in the past. As in I can literally feel my blood pressure rise because they annoy the hell out of me. As in I purposefully requested online account access so I wouldn't have to deal with calling customer service. Yes, it does get that bad with them.

I did vow that if I had to call them back on this matter, I would be calling the corporate office because the reps and supervisors do not listen. They swore they'd email me the statements. Didn't show, so I had to go through hell to get them faxed, and even then they weren't faxed correctly (only getting page 1 of 2 on each statement).

Tomorrow morning is going to be fun. It normally wouldn't bother me except that I have about $150 worth of Christmas cards to post, and I don't have the funds to do so (currently sitting at about $30 in the meter) and may have to scramble to find a site that might just let me borrow their postage machine or maybe have my manager buy stamps to send them out if this isn't resolved by Friday. The only good thing is that she realizes this is not my fault. It is very clearly the vendor's when she got the explanation from my AP/AR contact. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll have the copy of the cleared checks in my email.

The really sad thing is that the customer service of this company makes the other company we use for our postage machines in our other offices look good by comparison, though they're no better either.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.
Working...
X