Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REPORT BUGS HERE - New Server Edition (March 2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a major issue, but it seems the front page's "new threads this day" has stopped working

Comment

Quoth PrplPplEater View Post
      I'm looking at the ForumRunner setup, and I see nothing tied to IP, anywhere.

For anyone having trouble with ForumRunner on your phone/mobile, are you able to view the site on the phone/mobile without ForumRunner?

Basically, I want to try to narrow the issue down to whether perhaps the phone/mobile is still looking to the old location, or if the issue is definitely with ForumRunner.

In FR's site statistics, it does show at least 7 accesses to the site via FR in the past two days, but I'm not sure what that constitutes.
      I can see the site via regular Internet on my phone. I can also see Fratching via Forum Runner. CS though tells me that it's getting an unknown response that may be because a forum software plug in may be out of date or have a conflict on Forum Runner.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hmmm... odd. That definitely narrows it to being an issue with ForumRunner, for sure; not a DNS issue. I'll see what I can find that may be different between CS & Fratching, but they *should* be the same in this regard.

Thank you!
        Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

New posts seem to be coming up fine in sucky customers, older ones are having the 404 file or directory not found, was working fine this am, then around 10am est it started

Comment

Quoth roguesqd View Post
            New posts seem to be coming up fine in sucky customers, older ones are having the 404 file or directory not found, was working fine this am, then around 10am est it started

I just found/fixed a change on the server that seemed to have auto-reverted itself. I've since removed any possible way of it ever auto-reverting again and things *should* be back to normal now.

I'm still researching ForumRunner, and I'm now having issues getting the WordPress front-end to load at all, hence it currently being disabled.

I'm terribly sorry for the hiccups, folks - I'm trying to work through them as rapidly as I can
            Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Quoth PrplPplEater View Post
              ... I'm trying to work through them as rapidly as I can
              Life's not worth living unless you are up to your ass in alligators... Occasionally!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hah! Well put
                Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

I had an odd hiccup with attempting to get new posts, with getting 404s. Eventually did get in, by going to the main "www.customerssuck.com" and following links.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Am I the only person having speed issues? Every page is taking forever to load. I've tried multiple devices on multiple connections; my tablet at home and at my mum's house (Android tablet using Chrome), my home PC and my PC at work (both run Windows 7, tried both on IE and tried on Chrome on my work PC), and they've all got a near dial-up lag going on. I'm getting a little fed up with that flipping circle...
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

The site used to be hosted in the UK or Ireland, and it's now in the US, so us in the U of K will notice a slight difference. I have noted slight latency, but not sufficient to account for what you describe.

Is this all the time?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        The site used to be hosted in the UK or Ireland, and it's now in the US, so us in the U of K will notice a slight difference. I have noted slight latency, but not sufficient to account for what you describe.

Is this all the time?

Rapscallion
                        It's eased off a bit since yesterday, and I noticed there was less lag when I used Chrome so I've started using that for CS instead. So far it's back to reasonable load times, thanks.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Also having things load VERY slowly, and I'm in North America. At one point, I got a popup dialogue box saying that a script had stopped responding, and did I want to continue or stop the script.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'll have no problems on my desktop (Chrome) or my iPad (Safari) but then the next day I'll get a 503 error on both. I have to re-type in the URL to be able to get into the site.

I am still logged in, though so the cookies are good (and tasty).

/flushDNS was done, too.
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Also having things load VERY slowly, and I'm in North America. At one point, I got a popup dialogue box saying that a script had stopped responding, and did I want to continue or stop the script.

Is this constantly, or intermittently?
                              I have - on somewhat rare occassion - seen this with the javascript for the Ads, but it isn't something I've seen regularly.

Are you connecting to www.cs.com, or cs.com?
                              Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                                I'll have no problems on my desktop (Chrome) or my iPad (Safari) but then the next day I'll get a 503 error on both. I have to re-type in the URL to be able to get into the site.

I am still logged in, though so the cookies are good (and tasty).

/flushDNS was done, too.
                                I find this somewhat strange and disturbing, but at the same time I'm not entirely sure what to think.

It is totally like a local cached DNS issue where it keeps reverting to the old IP (that 503 page sounds like the Maintenace Mode page that Pederson put up on the old server before we moved). That thought is actually reinforced by the fact that if you re-type the URL it works - that pretty much says that when it checks for a new copy of the page, it is finding it. Why it reverts to the old stuff, however, is confusing and odd.

Clearing Chrome's browser cache of Browsing History, Cached Images and Files, and Hosted App Data should help. I'm not sure what the analog is under Safari, but the items should be named something similarish.
                                Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Working...
                                X