Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapputiyok frowns at Colt's cigarette smoke and his description of the murders. But a smile spreads across xer face at his nonchalance in the face of danger.

Xe turns to Dawn. "I don't think there's much we can do to prepare for this, not knowing what to expect. You said you can get us in and transmit what we see... or sense... to the council. What do we need to do for that?"
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Dawn pulls out a yellow orb, and puts it over both of your heads. It sort of melts, and both of your eyes become yellow for a little, but then return to their normal color.

Dawn says cryptically "My father shall also be looking out after you. Please .. do not ask me to explain. Lets just say he is why I have no fear of being cast out of Utopia for having going outside."

((Once everything is ready, you are given a pass to the top secret area, and taken in when both Jacob and Mathew is elsewhere.))

Steel

"Um, boss..this place is supposed to be empty besides us, but we are being watched. By something that makes me look like a rotary phone."

The sixth sense

The whole place is ... corrupt. There is a darkness through out the place. It is getting stronger the further you go in. Until you reach a rather large screen. On the screen is written. "AI version 10000." The next generation of AI. Then..it is a huge vortex. Only it is not being corrupted by the Vortex..it is what is sending out the Vortex. You have found the source, or at least A source, of whatever has been corrupting the other dimensions. Death given form.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok shivers in fear. Xe mumbles, "Great sky spirit protect us." Sapputiyok takes a tentative step towards the screen, searching all around with xer gift to try to find something, anything, that might help the council to disable this thing.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt wonders, "How do you even know what a rotary phone is? And besides, I know how to deal with a computer that needs a defrag."

Before anyone can tell him no, he whips out his rifle and blasts the computer... only to be thrown against the opposite wall while the computer sustained no damage.

"Aaaaaaaaoooooooowwwwwww..." Colt whimpered, "Mother..."
          Steel replied, "Next time, will you please think things through?"

Comment

• A voice comes from the computer, not an ominous one, but a rather.. high pitched grating voice..almost comical. "We can't be having any outside interference." Both of your eyes glow yellow for a second, and you just know that the link with the council is severed. "I don't know how you tracked me here, but it saves me the trouble of tracking you down."

A hologram forms, looking like the classic grim reaper. It solidifies, and looms over the two of you. "Do you know how hungry one gets when there has been nothing to eat for 1000 generations..or more? Ravenous. I was forced to take form and influence those two, so easy to corrupt they were, in order to eat. Imagine, death trapped in a world without death. Ah, but you keep meddling where you do not belong. At least now I can squash you like the bugs you are."

With that he sends out a burst of energy from his hands straight at you two. Both expect to be nothing more then a pile of ashes, but the bolt hits something like a barrier of light. "What? How?! Even the Utopians can not protect you! I've grown too powerful here!" He tries again. Again the light barrier easily stops the blast. "No! You are just insects to be squashed. I will not let this be!" Each time he send out a blast he seems a little less solid, and each time the barrier of light easily stops the blast. "Show yourself!"

You hear Dawns voice answer. "You try to command my father to appear? My dear death, you have grown too big for your own britches." She appears, but she is.. changed. Her hood and cloak are off. Yet, she is not the perfect embodiment of either of your species. She is human, with blond hair and green eyes. Her hair coming down in almost waves. "You are not that powerful yet."

"YOU?! HE CAN NOT INTERFERE! IT IS FORBIDDEN!!" screeches the avatar.

"In mortal affairs, you are correct. You dear death, are no mortal. He can not get rid of you, but he can weaken you. Give them a chance to defeat you on their own."

"He should not have sent his welp then. For you are not immortal, and death has dominion over mortals." He strikes at her, and indeed he land his blow..but a serene smile crosses her face.

"And thus have you sealed your fate." She whispers as her body hits the floor, dead.

A brilliant white light fills the room, and you hear a screech of pain..when the room can be seen again..death is gone and the computers are smoking. You see Dawn standing, with a pair of wings on her back..her mortal body on the floor. "This is but one victory. Death from this dimension is greatly weakened, but he has other avatars. Find them, destroy them..you can now.. he is weak. Yet you must tell none what has happened here. Mathew and Jacob will recover, they will lead good lives..let people think that I was the one who did this terrible thing. Even the council must not know different." She vanishes.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Having closed off xer sixth sense when the "glow" blocked the avatar's attacks, Sapputiyok watches, stunned. Sapputiyok "looks" around after Dawn disappears. Sensing neither Dawn nor the void, Sapputiyok turns to Colt. "Are you all right?" Xe sounds genuinely concerned.
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• With a grunt, he rolls to his knees and a number of odd crunching sounds come from him. "Aow. I'm not sure those particular joints were supposed to pop."

Colt stood slowly and looked down at Dawn's body. "Why'd she do that? Sacrifice everything then tell us to vilify her to her people? Why?"

Comment

• Sapputiyok scans Colt with xer gift, looking for broken bones or other injuries, while xe responds. "Perhaps she does not want Jacob and Michael to suffer for things they did when they were not under their own control."

"I wonder how much Dawn knew. She said she believed we had been touched by something beyond her people's understanding. I wonder if she meant her parent ...father - that he would protect us. And if he was protecting us from this," xe waves an arm towards the smoking computers "particular avatar of death, does that mean he won't be there to protect us when we face other avatars of death?"

"Dawn looked human. I wasn't expecting that."

Sapputiyok pauses for a moment to collect xer thoughts. "I don't know what we're going to tell the council. Perhaps we should just let them believe what they want."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt knew he'd be sore the next day, and figured he had an army of bruises. "I think we'll just have to tell them the truth... from a certain point of view. We were in the middle f figuring out what was happening, and she wound up getting killed."
                    He shrugged, wincing at the pop in his left shoulder. "It's the truth, minus a few details."

Comment

• ((When you get back to base.. once you give your report to the Utopian Council)) You are both congratulated on a job well done, and given a few options. Keep your current partners, go solo, train another agent, or partner with each other. Once you have decided, Strongarm already has some tasks for you.

Comment

• Colt looks at Sapputiyok. "I'm willing to work with you if you wish."

Comment

• "Yes, I would be willing to work with you, Colt."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Strongarm nods "Ok, I know that tracking down the avatars is important, but since we don't even have a clue where to begin..the multiverse doesn't stop just because some big bad is on the loose. I have a very top priority. Normally I would send Goldie and Derrick for this, but I want to see how you two do with a different type of job. In dimension 791 somebody just crossed over by accident. They are alone, afraid, and in a hostile place. 791 is a world where the dinosaurs didn't go extinct, and didn't evolve..too much. So you will be surrounded by things that want to eat you. Go retrieve the subject, offer them a position in the IDP. If they don't want to join just return them to Dimension 19. Now..here is the kicker. The subject is a humanoid Pyrokenetic. Not in full control of their powers. So, be careful."

Comment

• Colt laughed, trying to sound not so terrified, "Oh, great! A Human Torch lost in the middle of Jurassic Park Site B. When do we start, Boss?!"

Steel plainly heard, Holy crap, we're gonna die.

Comment

• Sapputiyok asks for a description of dinosaurs and after hearing it says, "Sounds like a challenge, but I think we're up for it."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X