This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible promotion and pay raise!

Yesterday, a water main broke in the town Hubs works in, and it's against health code to run any of the equipment in the meat department when there's no access to water. All that could be done is meat wrapping, so Hubs and his coworkers got all of the wrapping done for the day, and coworkers went home as they were scheduled.

The water came back on a couple of hours later, but Hubs had nothing left to do (he does all of the wrapping, after all), so he took the three palettes of pork loins they had in the freezer from their sale last weekend, cut them, wrapped them, and stocked the counter as full as it could go. Well, Store Manager was impressed by that and talked to Store Owner about possibly giving Hubs a promotion from Meat Wrapper to Meat Cutter, which would be at least a $3/hr raise as well! Store Owner is seriously considering it, they needed a new cutter anyway, so wish him luck!
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

That would be a really nice raise! Good luck to your husband.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Awesome. Here's hoping it goes through.
      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Small update.

Hubs went in to work this morning and was told that if he can prove he deserves it by the end of next week, he'll be getting the raise! His immediate supervisor told him that a lot of money is on the line, so he's working himself like a dog. We really hope he gets it.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

If they're still talking about the promotion now, a month after first mentioning it, then it really sounds like they want to do it. The easiest thing in the world for them to have done, would've been to not mention it again, and let it die on the vine. Good luck to your hubs!
          Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Any update?
            I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

He was officially promoted but his raise was rather disappointing, he's still making less than starting pay for his new position. However, it also comes with earlier hours, so he gets to spend more time at home with Little Ara before she has to go to bed.

The lady who's in charge of the paychecks/taxes/stuff like that for the store is a joke, though. It took her three weeks to get his raise logged in correctly, meaning he was paid his original amount and she'd send a check for the remainder to the store a few days later. It isn't the first time she screwed up though, when he first got there she screwed up his tax paperwork and we almost ended up owing quite a large sum when income tax time came around. Hubs had to threaten to report her to the IRS to get her to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X