This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bit worried

I have to go see my supervisor today to tell him i'm unable to work my 2pm to 6pm shift on Monday due to the fact I need to pick up the kids from school at 3.30 pm and my son from daycare and they can't stay home by themselves, (they're 8, 6 and 2)

My supervisor has known for a long time I can only do the night shift because my husband works during the day and when he comes home I go to work and looks after the kids. The only reason I was able to do the previous Monday's 2pm to 6pm shift was because it was hubby's day off, now i've done one day shift he thinks i can do them all the time.

My worry is he going to be pissed with me and cut my hours to one day a week as he has done this with other employees who have told him a month in advance that they couldn't work a particular day but he scheduled them anyway, he figures they don't want the work so he cuts them, my good friend and coworker quit her job because he did this.

I can't quit and can't afford to have my hours cut just because my boos is holding a grudge, my husbands income isn't enough to support us.

I do have a Mil who helps us out alot but she works too and can't come babysit till at least 4.30pm each day, she's a wonderful person and I hate having to rely on her.

This is really stressing me out
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

That kind of stuff should be illegal, and it happens all too often. Happened to my brother last year; boss even admitted it was punishment. It doesn't sound like the job is worth keeping. I'd start looking immediately.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

if you cant work it you cant work it, family comes first
      We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Working...
      X