Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a DVD loop at work that replays every 20 minutes so we hear the songs it 24 times in an 8 hour shift. They seem to put one crap song on their every time, like:

"I hate this part" - Pussycat Dolls
    Something by the Cab
    and this month we have something by Miley Cyrus
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Kitten in the Box: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFkXQKCuBc It's Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole.

Comment

On more than one occasion we would find a wierd AL disk that we would put on just to see how many people would pay attention and then go "WTF?"
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Luckily I have the seagulls to listen to, they're always fresh with inventive hits, like "I'm hungry, so give me your damn sandwich" or "Hey babe, can you mate with me? I give you this seaweed as a token for our friendship."
          Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bagboy View Post
            Luckily I have the seagulls to listen to, they're always fresh with inventive hits, like "I'm hungry, so give me your damn sandwich" or "Hey babe, can you mate with me? I give you this seaweed as a token for our friendship."
            You forgot "I'm gonna shit all over your car."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At my old job, my internal soundtrack was often playing 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere'
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOHz...eature=related
              God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

anchors aweigh

my first ship, the xo had a hardon for that song

Comment

OMFG, well, this somewhat related.

At Licks' , they do not have monitors like everyone to show you the orders you are working on (Fast Food)

Instead the cashier sings to the kitchen, in code. We .... the poor fuckers in the kitchen sings back the order.

These evil people destroyed my favourite songs from the 70s and 80s, rewritten to contain the names of Licks' hamburgers and food stuff.
                  Good Morning Base, 209 is Mobile !

Comment

Quoth Zombi View Post
                    At my old job, my internal soundtrack was often playing 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere'
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOHz...eature=related
                    So I'm not the only one who has the same thoughts.

Comment

James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" every 15 minutes with video for four weeks, the huge WalMart monitor about fifteen feet away from us. Even beat out the barking dogs doing "Jingle Bells" at Christmas.

Comment

Quoth 1756GR2 View Post
                        James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" every 15 minutes with video for four weeks
                        Try mentally replacing the words with Weird Al's version, 'You're Pitiful'. Trust me, it helps.
                        God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

I used to work at a local amusement park in the 50's themed boardwalk section. Most of the time, I loved the music there. Every 45 min though I had to sit through another loop of those "dead girlfriend songs" starting with 'Last Kiss' by J.Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers.
                          Why are these things played in an amusement park?!

Comment

Our store music is provided by... Muzak Systems via satellite. Same with our patio music, though the landlord controls the outside music. (yes, we have music playing in the parking lot/outside... go figure).

Our store manager has limited us to 4 choices out of about 100 of Muzak's offerings. It usually resides on the "80s Adult Alternative" station.

If I hear "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles one more time I will fucking scream, I hear it 3 or 4 times a day. I hate it so much, but it gets stuck in my head.

I did laugh a little inside when a nearby lightning strike completely fried the entire outside music system. Every speaker was blown, the amps were blown, the receivers were fried.... the only thing they didn't replace was the actual satellite dish. Lightning struck one of the lights in the parking lot and fed back into the outside music system (landlord pays for the lighting, so it was on the same breaker panel). Apparently it fried pretty much everything in the landlord's on-site office too. Our landlord is a huge asshole as well... which is why I was laughing. My jaw did drop when I saw contractors replacing the outside speakers with.. Klipsch speakers (those who don't know, Klipsch is very high end).

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                              Our store music is provided by... Muzak Systems via satellite. Same with our patio music, though the landlord controls the outside music. (yes, we have music playing in the parking lot/outside... go figure).

Our store manager has limited us to 4 choices out of about 100 of Muzak's offerings. It usually resides on the "80s Adult Alternative" station.

If I hear "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles one more time I will fucking scream, I hear it 3 or 4 times a day. I hate it so much, but it gets stuck in my head.
                              At my store we hale a lot of 80's/90 Adult Alt and some "current" hits. If you consider current 2004 or so.

Comment

I hate the song "Dog and Butterfly." I hear it all the time. Twice the other night.

They play Brittney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff, Backstreet Boys, and N*Sync.

I heard "Hungry Like a Wolf" the other night, and at the end there's this girl moaning and it was SO loud. I was like...

Then there's this song I cannot understand. But it sounds like someone mixed a terrible "love/heartbreak" type song with music from a child's song. It's the most annoying thing and makes me want to rip my ears off.

Also one song has this girl singing and then making unnecessarily high pitched...squeals...is the best way i can describe them. For like 2 minutes straight.

And we have one that sounds like it belongs in a club or something. It's just some woman's voice "singing" the same beats over and over and over and over and over and OVER for like 3-4 minutes going "ooooh bah bah....oooh bah bah" ughhh

Comment

Working...
                                X