This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 151" Television?

Some guy came in here asking for a 151" television. I told him he might be thinking of a projection television simply because a TV over 12 feet won't be found in this store. I think he was duped into believing it by friends but maybe there is some sort of article about some entertainment company showing one?

Largest I've herd of was a 108" one in a trade show last year. Problem is that's it's a DLP and most companies have stopped making them due to bulb issues.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
      Panasonic unveiled a 150" plasma in 2008, maybe he thought it was available for purchase?

I would love something like that.......I'm a big tv hound. I do have a 65 inch HDTV though
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Maybe. Like he came back and looked at the TV wall as if he was expecting our store to have one. We're not specifically an electronics store so I don't know. I don't know if he realized it was about 12 feet.

Comment

Pfft. My friend Frank has a 2000" TV.

Cookies for reference
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Weird Al FTW.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Pfft. My friend Frank has a 2000" TV.

Cookies for reference
              Older Weird Al at that!

I think that was 1994. Man Alapalooza was an awesome album.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Has he considered how he would even get a 151' tv into his home?

Personally, if I were gonna spend anything over a couple hundred bucks for a tv, I'd go instead for a top-quality digital projector, and the price on those has really been dropping the last couple years.

Btw, for any gamers out there, nothing beats playing a first person shooter on a larger-than-life sized screen.
                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                  Personally, if I were gonna spend anything over a couple hundred bucks for a tv, I'd go instead for a top-quality digital projector, and the price on those has really been dropping the last couple years.

Btw, for any gamers out there, nothing beats playing a first person shooter on a larger-than-life sized screen.
                  Ha ha! That's what we did; made our own 100 inch projector screen. we broke it in by watching all of the Terminator and Die Hard movies. And right now the kids are playing Wii on it.
                  Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

Comment

Used to have a link to the ad for that. (can't remember if it was 152" or 172") The TV cost over $27,000 if I recall correctly

Comment

I got to watch a 3 block big TV a few weeks ago.

It was on top of Fremont Street in Vegas.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                        Weird Al FTW.
                        Cookie choice?
                        Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        Older Weird Al at that!

I think that was 1994. Man Alapalooza was an awesome album.
                        Classic Weird Al is classic for a reason. I like the newer stuff, but anything from Bad Hair Day back is gold.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip, please.
                          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            Cookie choice?

Classic Weird Al is classic for a reason. I like the newer stuff, but anything from Bad Hair Day back is gold.
                            This is not classic Al. Classic Al is Stuck in a Closet With Vanna White, Attack of Radioactive Hamsters from a Planet Near Mars, or Another One Rides the Bus. I remember the premier of I Love Rocky Road on MTV.

Now get off my lawn! Durn kids.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              This is not classic Al. Classic Al is Stuck in a Closet With Vanna White, Attack of Radioactive Hamsters from a Planet Near Mars, or Another One Rides the Bus. I remember the premier of I Love Rocky Road on MTV.

Now get off my lawn! Durn kids.
                              I listened to my Weird Al in 3D cassette until it stopped working. Awesome album.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X