X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor parking is reserved & every handicapped spot taken

The customer was handicapped.

She arrived when the garage was reserved & every handicapped spot was taken. So I asked her how long will she be parked in the garage. The time she told me she would exit conflicted with the time people would be arriving for the event. So she asked me if I could call campus police & ask them if she could park in the handicapped spot next to their dept. The campus police chief & 2 university cops happened to be outside the booth because someone backed into the gate that you come to after exiting Visitor parking. That gate is there to prevent people from going around the booth. Unfortunately a female customer (who was not a faculty/staff member) tried to enter the faculty/staff garage, which is adjacent to Visitor parking. When she could not enter that garage, she backed up & hit the gate that you come to after exiting Visitor parking. The campus police chief & the 2 university cops came to fix the gate.

I told the customer she could speak to either one of the 2 university cops or the campus police chief about that, & I showed her where they were standing. But she asked me if I would call campus police. So I walked outside the booth & told the campus police chief what she wanted. He said no & that that spot is only for someone dropping off a handicapped customer. It is not a handicapped parking spot. He told me there is a parking lot near the campus that students & faculty can park at that has several handicapped parking spots. He was guessing she either goes to school at the university or works there. There is a shuttle bus that picks up the people at that parking lot & drops them off at the university. He also said that the handicapped parking spots at that lot are right next to the area where the shuttle bus picks up the people. He told me where the lot is located. I go to tell her what he said.

So I tell her what he said. She is not happy, & she tells me she will complain to the university president. As she was backing up I heard her complain about how much trouble she has finding a handicapped parking spot. I inform the campus police chief what she told me.
Working...
X