This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundromat Follies

Sometimes the next door laundromat (also owned by the hotel) is more trouble than it's worth. Here's some gems we had in the last week.

And you're sitting here why My boss goes upstairs to grab something, when she gets back she sees a stranger sitting in the breakfast room watching T.V., drinking coffee and snacking on a muffin. Problem there are currently no guests staying there. This woman came from the laundromat to get a refund seeing no one there she did what any non hotel guest does makes herself at home. We have numerous laundromat patrons who believe that since we own both businesses that they are entitled to the continental breakfast. She tells the boss that she put 4.50 in a machine and it wouldn't start. Problem these machines start working the second a dollar gets put in. Why didn't the woman stop as soon as the machine didn't start? She "was hoping it would start working as soon as she put all the money in"

Out Of Order We have a dryer that's not drying so hence a Out Of Order sign is put up. A woman is confused about which one is out of order. A smart person would just go to another bank of machines or ask management. She decided to "take a gamble" and she lost. She actually giggled about it as she was explaining it.

Wow simply Wow We have this odd old woman who's been wandering around town for the last few days carting around a huge cart full of junk. She made an appearance at the laundromat. First she takes almost everything from her cart and sets it up around the 'mat. Including six teddy bears which she places on top of six of the washers. My boss does not want to run her out, she's paying money and actually washing clothes, it's early so no one else is there, and you just don't know how she might react. So the boss settles for checking up on her every twenty minutes or so. During the check-ups she proceeded to yell at the teddy bears for breathing on things. Each time the boss checked up on her she was wearing a new outfit, one problem there's no rest room in the 'mat (Guests who need to go just use the one at front desk). This only means one thing she stripped down and changed in the 'mat. Finally she finishes her laundry and as she leaves smears a handful of sunblock over her mouth and chin as she's leaving.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 06-07-2007, 10:26 PM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

I hate it when my teddy bears breathe on things
    I've had to change at a 'mat before, but I was on a motercycle and drenched from rain - so I had a decent excuse.

Comment

Dear God in heaven, I had to go to laundry-mats for 7 long years. l always ran in to the craziest people, but not anybody who talked to stuffed animals!!!!

Comment

I own a washer and dryer (a good pair, too) and I'm not moving ANYWHERE without hookups, EVER. This just reinforced my decision.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          I own a washer and dryer (a good pair, too) and I'm not moving ANYWHERE without hookups, EVER. This just reinforced my decision.
          I just got http://us.lge.com/products/model/det..._WM2688H.jhtml and the matching dryer. 22 pairs of jeans at once. I'm actually depressed that all my laundry is done.
          Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

That looks pretty spiffy, Kilamon.

I'm in an apartment right now, with no gas hookups. There are a host of washers and dryers on site (2 of each in every building, about 20 apartments per building), but they don't work that well.

I miss having my own washer and dryer.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              Amen.

I thought it was bad enough when I had to put up with idiots who thought the "No Smoking" signs were for everyone but them. If I go to the bar, I fully expect my clothes to smell like smoke. But not when I go somewhere to get them clean!

When I found out the last apartment I moved into had hookups, I went to a local place that sold used and repaired appliances. Got the pair for about $300. And since I didn't notice any significant increase in the water, gas, or electric bills, I'd say they've paid for themselves.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've seen the teddy bear thing before. They're her "security guards" or extra eyes, if you will. Perfectly harmless, unless one of them tells her that you're trying to touch her stuff.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                X