This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Psychic: No I don't know what kind of book your 13 year old who doesn't like to read will like. You know him better than I do...I can give you some general guidelines but that's about it. I don't know what teenage boys read. I'm a girl; at that age I read the Babysitter's Club and I doubt he'll get into that.
    I pretty much say "You're gonna have to thumb thru it, or let your hellspawn of evil take a look." Works most of the time.

Also add when applicable "No, I only remember (insert book title(s) here)." Fitzgerald and Hemingway have saved my ass numerous times.

Comment

I work Mc D's as well. I am not:
      • A Barrista- Seriously folks, it's McDonald's. We just got iced coffe. Spend an extra dollar or 2 and the nice folks at Starbucks will be more than happy to give you a Decaf Vanilla Hazelnut coffe made to your exact specifications.
      • A member of a rescue party- We already called the cops and all the other stores in the area plus sending a few employees out to run around but gee sweetums, didn't ya think your six year old Child was something ya might have wanted to keep an eye on?
      • A Policewoman- We are not responsible for lost/stolen property no matter how valuable it is. If we had found it, it would be back here.
      • A Traffic Director
      • God of Weather- Yup, it's hot in summer. Lemme just do a little dance here to connect with my weather minions. Okay is it any cooler? No? Guess I'm just another minimum wage slave then. Buy some shorts.
      • Mapquest- I understand someone asking how to get to the park or Chocolate World but I cannot tell you how to get to Baltimore from here.
      • A Magician- Yeah, that stuff I told you about not having any more Shrek toys? Such a lie! Here, lemme just pull one out of your ear or my own ass. I can do it. I'm Magic!
      • A Medic- Whoo yeah, that's a lot of blood there, yup. Lemme get you a bandaid and an accident report while we phone the med center.
      Bitch-Moan-Dog-Puppy-Baby-Pregnant-Bitch-Moan

Comment

Working...
      X