X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxtrot today

Bill Amend does the sucky customer.

http://www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/2014/07/13

Peter deserves to have to take a job in customer service and receive the sort of treatment that he dished out.

Check out the comments. Most of the posters realize those petty "customer is always right" games are bullshit, but one guy blamed the employees as well.

maedar said, about 3 hours ago

Stores should dump the “customer is always right” policy. When a cashier is trying to negotiate with this sort of obnoxious customer, a line of a dozen customers who just want to pay and leave is forming behind, who want to strangle the obnoxious customer and do WORSE things to the idiotic cashier who is actually putting up with him. Long story short, it does NOT make the store itself look good to put up with these louts
    Believe me, pal, if we could tell those louts to take a hike, we would!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Peter will sure get that treatment when Star Wars VII comes out in theaters, being as he's such a faithful movie employee.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Peter deserves to have to take a job in customer service and receive the sort of treatment that he dished out.
        He typically does in his movie theater job.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

What's scary is the "art imitates life" part of this one x.x Back at DaddyJim's, we would sometimes get custy's calling us up and yelling because their half-works/half cheese pizza had ONE sliced olive that had ended up on the crust on the cheese side. With repeat offenders, we ended up starting to make the "heavier toppings" side of their pies smaller than usual, just to make absolutely certain that no rogue bits of easily-removable veggie ended up "ruining the entire pizza" (which they of course ate anyway); this resulted in a small cheese-only no-man's land in between the two halves x.x

PS, for the sake of your pizza dudes' sanity, please, PLEASE don't ever order a pie with "half no sauce" -- it's almost impossible to get it right without having it end up more like "1/3 with sauce, 2/3 without", as people who made this request were always the type who would object to a single droplet of sauce on the no-sauce side. Just order a couple smaller pizzas instead (heck, at my old company, this made the second one something like half off anyway)
          Last edited by EricKei; 07-14-2014, 07:54 PM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            He typically does in his movie theater job.
            I only sporadically follow the strip; I didn't know about the movie theater job. But that makes things even worse: he knows what it's like to deal with a sucky customer, then turns around and is one to someone else!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

He's a teenager. We hope he grows up and captures some clues.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Grows up? He's been a teenager for 26 years...
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                  Grows up? He's been a teenager for 26 years...
                  Yeah, what do you think this is, "For Better or For Worse?"
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Check out the comments. Most of the posters realize those petty "customer is always right" games are bullshit, but one guy blamed the employees as well.
                    I couldn't believe the one who bad-mouthed Walmart for not having snow shovels in March. He apparently thinks they should hold some in the back just in case there's a unseasonably late snowstorm.
                    Last edited by siskaren; 07-17-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                      I couldn't believe the one who bad-mouthed Walmart for not having snow shovels in March. He apparently thinks they should hold some in the back just in case there's a unseasonably late snowstorm.
                      Well where I live, a snowstorm in March isn't unseasonable, it's expected.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I prefer grain shovels for snow anyway, and they're available all year. Much sturdier.

Comment

I prefer not living where it snows.
                          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Jay - Didn't that one progress more or less in real-time, albeit delayed and extended? Heck, since it's ended, they've been doing reruns starting from the beginning, iirc
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                            X