X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Live in Redneck Central

And here's the proof.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...18386811_n.jpg
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

pffffffff thats nothing
    i live 20 miles from the mexico border. most of the stuff around the town is ranches and the like.

every day is a wash of hippies cowboys and crazies.

Comment

That is weird. We had a truck that we just used for hauling 40 gal. of gas to our tractors/combine/grain trucks.

We did that because it is illegal to use farm diesel on paved roads. Also, it was more fuel efficient.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Jeez, dunno why he's filling his combine @ the pump. It's been a while, but last time I checked, ag diesel was a good $0.20 cheaper per gallon.

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
          It's been a while, but last time I checked, ag diesel was a good $0.20 cheaper per gallon.
          But it can be harder to get hold of, more expensive to get delivered, and it's not as refined and harder on the engine. I've gotten ag diesel in the past for my equipment, but I've switched to on-road diesel.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
            We did that because it is illegal to use farm diesel on paved roads.
            By "farm diesel" I assume you mean marked diesel (known in the trucking community as "reefer fuel"). I thought it was the equipment type, rather than the road surface, that determined legality. Examples:

Truck with refrigerated trailer operating on paved roads. Legal to use marked diesel in the trailer (not providing motive power on a public road), illegal to use it in the tractor. One trucking company even went so far as to put in dedicated tanks for their APUs (provide heating/cooling in the sleeper when the engine is off) so they could use marked diesel to power them. That's legal because they power "hotel loads", rather than moving the truck.

Combine traveling on paved county highway from one field to another. Legal - it's farm equipment whose primary use is in the field.

Farmer's pickup on a gravel county road. Illegal - it's a motor vehicle intended for use on roads.

After Katrina, due to disruptions in fuel supply trucks operating under IFTA were allowed to use marked diesel for a period of time. Since with IFTA you are debited for taxes on fuel burned in each state/province (they assume you get the same fuel economy regardless of where you are) and credited for taxes on fuel bought in each province/state, and sent a bill/cheque at the end of each quarter, untaxed fuel is easy to handle. It's treated as fuel purchased with no taxes paid.

In some states (Indiana is a prime example), you'll see a diesel price with "exempt trucks only". There may also be another (higher) diesel price shown without the disclaimer. The "exempt trucks" are those operating under IFTA - and the fuel doesn't have the tax (so you get billed later). The other price is for vehicles they can't track down easily (e.g. Jetta TDI), and the price includes the tax.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That was merely Exhibit A

Ladies and gentlemen, I present, Exhibit B

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...e4&oe=547F480D

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                That was merely Exhibit A

Ladies and gentlemen, I present, Exhibit B

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...e4&oe=547F480D
                Meh. I live in a tourist/port town accessed by roads running through working farms. There was one day when my commute included following a horse pulling an open carriage (rides for tourists on the sea-front), past the tall ship that stopped to re-provision before moving up or down the coast, then got stuck behind a beet lorry moving crops to be processed in the factory in the next county.

On one shining occasion I had to follow 3 tractors towing over-full trailers of hay heading towards the local livery stables. Unfortunately it started raining gently, so by the time I got to mum's house I had to pick half a carrier bag of hay off of my car before it dried on...
                Last edited by greek_jester; 08-09-2014, 05:45 PM. Reason: Can't identify farm vehicles... >.<
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

There's also the not insignificant Amish population to deal with, I got held up by a horse team once....

Comment

There's also the not insignificant Amish population to deal with, I got held up by a horse team once....
                    I'm a Brit, we don't have Amish over here.

It's always fun to see the idiots who think they can startle the horses by roaring up to them/beeping; the horses are so blasé about vehicles by this point that they just give the twits a long, slow look from behind their blinkers, then pointedly turn their heads away. One even used said car to scratch an itch on his cheek when it got stuck in traffic in the other lane. I'm fairly sure that the carriage rider was a little delayed in pulling back on the reins to get the horse to back off; at least, that's how I'm interpreting the smirk. Of course the metalwork on the bridle left a nice scratch on the car's door...

It's not just one horse that acts like this; I've seen this from 4 of the horses that commonly pull carriages along the sea-front. I swear some of them are more intelligent that the tourists.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Most fun thing I got stuck behind was a tractor pulling a caravan. Sadly I was the only one in the car so I couldn't get a photo.

Comment

Quoth purple View Post
                        Most fun thing I got stuck behind was a tractor pulling a caravan. Sadly I was the only one in the car so I couldn't get a photo.
                        *Shudders* Don't. Remember I said tourist/port town? We have a couple of caravan sites, and when those static caravans get moved they often overhang both lanes of the dual carriageway, so suddenly my nice 25-30 minute commute to the next town becomes 40-45 minutes...

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          It's not just one horse that acts like this; I've seen this from 4 of the horses that commonly pull carriages along the sea-front. I swear some of them are more intelligent that the tourists.
                          Without a doubt.

My great-grandfather was just old enough that as a kid, he had to load the cart and take the days' milk run to the diary and back for the family farm.

He didn't mind because he slept on the way over.

The horse had done it so many times, it had the route memorized.

Comment

Amish Mafia? "Thou shalt stand and deliver".

My great-grandfather was just old enough that as a kid, he had to load the cart and take the days' milk run to the diary and back for the family farm.

He didn't mind because he slept on the way over.

The horse had done it so many times, it had the route memorized.
                            And in those days, there wasn't a DUI problem. Many were the drunks who woke up in the buggy outside the barn, with a pissed-off horse wanting to be let out of the harness.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Read the police report around here sometimes, we get a couple Amish DUIs a year... horses count as "vehicles" under the motor code, if used on public roads and driving a carriage drunk is no different than driving a truck drunk from a legal standpoint. I'm kinda numb to it, but newcomers find it hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X